Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2023, 09:08 PM   #1

Help working around Equalizer Systems leveler blown hose. Stuck in Junction TX

Hi All,

We're currently traveling from Cave Creek AZ to Corpus Cristy TX. We stopped in Junction Tx (Lums BBQ) at the North Llano River RV park. We pulled in and started to setup.

I went to level the RV (2011 Windsport) and the auto level would not engage. So I went to manually level the rig. I got the rear jacks mostly down, and the hydraulic motor started to make noise like there was not any load, so I got out to take a look. I found a large puddle of Red fluid between the level system bay and the front of the rig. Looks like we blew a hydraulic hose, I'm assuming to one of the front jacks.

I tried to find a replacement hose at the Tractor Supply, but they pretty much did not have any 1/4" hoses or fittings. I bought a gallon of dextron III trans fluid while I was in town.

Not the end of the world, but I need to get the rear jacks up before I can travel. The system has a manifold with six solenoid looking device for each hydraulic device. 4 corners, bedroom slide and living room slide. Each device has two hoses, one to extend and one to retract.

My assumption was that with fluid in the system, I should be able to operate the rear jacks without pressuring the front hose that has the leak. We tried that and the bad hose started spraying so we stopped. We also tried to extend the bedroom slide with the same result. I then tried to remove the wires leading to the front jack solenoid thinking that would prevent the front hoses getting pressurized, but that also caused the bad hose to spray fluid.

Is anyone familiar with this Equalizer system and can tell me how to get my rear jacks up so we can get to Corpus tomorrow?

Once I'm in Corpus, I should be able to identify and pull the bad hose and have a replacement made.

Any help is appreciated!

Brian
bwilless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2023, 09:34 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Here is a link to a video describing how to actuate each jack independently at the Equalizer Pump/valve with an Allen wrench and and electric drill. My Entegra has a similar system and it works the same way.
https://www.google.com/search?q=equa...kPIP6Yin6A8_54
Here is the link to Equalizer Systems main support page as well.
https://eqsystems.us/service-and-support/
Good luck
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 10:16 PM   #3
US1

Can you simply cap off the bad hose at the manifold?
Old 04-01-2023, 11:02 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
By the way, I admit I don’t know Diddly-squat about a Thor Windsport but you say that you got fluid spraying out when you tried to extend one of your slides.
Did a 2011 Windsport have hydraulic slides? That would be very surprising.

*****EDIT*****
Never mind, I read more closely and see that it does in fact have hydraulic room slides. I learn something new every day!
Good luck
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 05:47 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies. I’ll try to manually open the valves for the rear jacks and use the drill to spin the motor.

I tried to cap the bad hose’s outlet at the manifold but was not able to find hardware that would fit.

I think the coach was built by Four Winds. When we bought it I found the bluebook price under Four Winds. I think that Thor bought Four Winds around 2011.

I’ll report back with my progress later.
Old 04-02-2023, 07:41 AM   #6

Success! When running the rear jacks up I still had leakage (with only the rear valves open). I used a couple of c clamps to bocks the bad hose.

On the road again. I’ll R&R the bad hose in Corpus.

Tags
ems, hose