Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How to attach my Weber BBQ to the Propane tank

When I purchased my MH, they told me the part pictured below could be used to supply my Weber Baby Q with propane from my tank rather than the one pound bottles.

The problem is that I can't find a hose that will fit both this adapter and the Weber. Anyone have any ideas?
Attached Images

holstein13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome holstein13 to irv2.
Take a look at this link and look down 1/2 page looks like you only have 1/2 the parts.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That looks like a quick connect for air rather than gas. My Weber has threaded connections only.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #4

I agree it is a male quick connect for air not gas sold at lowes ,home depot and others.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with 007
FYI There are quick connects for propane gas. You have the male end, what your missing is the female end which snaps on the same way and air hose does.
Stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
I agree with 007
FYI There are quick connects for propane gas. You have the male end, what your missing is the female end which snaps on the same way and air hose does.
No, the female end is not missing. The female end is permanently attached to the propane tank to provide me a quick connect to this adapter. This adapter has two male ends. The smooth end goes into the quick connect on the tank. The threaded end will need to be joined to a female hose or adapter. I am seeking advice on where to find the threaded female adapter or hose.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I agree it is a male quick connect for air not gas sold at lowes ,home depot and others.
Rooster, as far as I know, air is a gas. I don't understand your comment. Why would there be a difference?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
That looks like a quick connect for air rather than gas. My Weber has threaded connections only.
That's two comments suggesting a difference between air connectors and gas. I really need to know what is the difference. Since air is a gas, this makes no sense to me. Are you using the term gas in a different context than the obvious?

Does Liquid Propane gas have different properties from air that would require different adapters?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
The most important thing ;; the motorhome regulater Is adjusted At 11 inches the gas grills are At 9 inches. Will they work YES; I have seen 12 people in a VW car Go figure; My nieghbor had his house Burn and rebuilt . woops The wrong pressure it blew up; Don't do it unless you use the regulater that comes designed for a portable Grill;;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";787354]Welcome holstein13 to irv2.
Take a [B][URL="http://www.rvupgradestore.com/LP-Fittings-s/92.htm
look at this link[/URL][/B] and look down 1/2 page looks like you only have 1/2 the parts.
I looked at the page you referenced. The part is not missing, it's simply attached to my propane tank. I should probably have taken a photo of this adapter attached to the quick connect. I think it is causing confusion.

Just imagine that this adapter is perfectly plugged into the propane tank and only the threaded end is exposed to the exterior. I need a hose or adapter to attach to the threaded end.

In other words, I need a hose with a small threaded female to attach to the threaded side of this adapter and then a male threaded screw on the other side.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
The most important thing ;; the motorhome regulater Is adjusted At 11 inches the gas grills are At 9 inches. Will they work YES; I have seen 12 people in a VW car Go figure; My nieghbor had his house Burn and rebuilt . woops The wrong pressure it blew up; Don't do it unless you use the regulater that comes designed for a portable Grill;;
Thanks Bachler, good advice. My RV tank has a built in quick connect outlet specifically designed for portable grills. This adapter plugs perfectly into that outlet. Since it is specifically designed for this purpose, I think it will be fine. I just need the hose or adapter to make it work.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would suggest you go to your local propane dealer for the right connections. The biggest difference in air and propane is the bang you hear when it explodes.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #13

Standard Hardware

I was just at a Denver RV Shop today. The female quick disconnect mate to the male piece above was readily available, and was threaded on one end. It also had a handy Ball Valve for Gas shutoff integral to the fixture.

I've seen this setup - using the exact male piece above - several times on the RV Showroom Floor. It was used on new fully-featured Popup Trailers, for one. The quick disconnects are used only outside, and for external Cooktops. The female half on the flexible Propane Tubing end was stored behind a little hatch identical to the one used to store, say, a 30 Amp Cord Plug.

Lawyers run the World, so I assume these quick disconnects are an 'approved' application, compatible with RVIA Certification. When you think about how well undamaged quick disconnects seal with ~80 PSI behind them on a Compressor, it seems reasonable they would seal at 'only' 9 or 11 PSIG.
Engineer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #14

Camping World has extender hose and fittings. I needed additional length of hose so took my extender hose to a welding shop. Cut the extender hose in half and spliced in 25 feet of acetlyene hose with crimped ferrules.
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote