Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2004, 03:48 AM   #1

I'm getting the no/co warning which means that the frig was running while not level. Did this once before when I was new to the camper and had to bring it back to the dealer which is 120 miles away. This time it was due to a torrential rain storm which caused the front jacks to sink into the ground while camping overnight and unleveling the camper. There's got to be a process the owner can follow to reset the frig. This can't be that uncommon.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2004, 03:48 AM   #2

I'm getting the no/co warning which means that the frig was running while not level. Did this once before when I was new to the camper and had to bring it back to the dealer which is 120 miles away. This time it was due to a torrential rain storm which caused the front jacks to sink into the ground while camping overnight and unleveling the camper. There's got to be a process the owner can follow to reset the frig. This can't be that uncommon.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:14 AM   #3

Hmm.... Wonder if disconnecting it from both 120v and 12v would help? Unplug from shore. Disconnect house battery. It did mine when it got stuck on a low voltage warning (left unplugged for 2 days with nearly dead battery).
SolidAxleDurango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 03:11 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Unplugging the 120 & 12 volt supply will not help. The needed reset is to just used a jump wire to ground one of the empty connectors on the circuit board (#15) to the metal casing for 20 - 30 seconds and the board reset. You should hear a click. Look in your owners manual as the connector should be shown so you know where it is and how to get to it. You will need to have the 12 volt power on the ref.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:04 PM   #5

RV Wizard, is it #15 from the Wiring Pictorial or Wiring Diagram. The first says that #15 is the "DC heater (3-way models only), the latter says "LED".

I assume to have the 12-volt power on I simply need to unplug from AC and make sure my LP tanks are off? The no/co message comes up so quickly I'm not sure I can set it to DC from the controls.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:34 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You can leave power on and with the control box cover removed it is the large white quick connector and the pin #15 is top row second from left. Use a piece of wire you can insert into that hole and short it to 12 volt - or ground.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:39 AM   #7

I have not been able to find anything that resembles what you're describing on my frig. There are two large panels that remove on the outside of the RV, the top one reveals simply a peice of sheet metal and the lower one reveals some hoses/plug and a 6"x4" black cover in the upper left corner of the opening on the back of the frig. Do I need to remove this black cover? I loosened the screws on it and it didn't move easily so I didn't force it for fear of dislogding wires. Am I remotely in the right place?
Old 09-20-2004, 07:19 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Yes, you need to remove the black box cover to get to the large white quick connector. If you feel uncomfortable in doing any of this I recommend you get some qualified help.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:24 AM   #9

Thank you very much RV Wizard, I successfully reset my frig the other day. Made a few mistakes but nothing critical, such as blowing the fuse while removing some of the DC connectors in order to get the black cover off.

It is an aweful tedious process to perform this, any thoughts on either fixing a wire to #15 and taping off the other end so I don't have to remove the cover in the future? Or drilling a small hole in the black cover so I can see the #15 without removing the cover? Glad I know how to do it now either way.

Last question, the condition (running frig slightly unlevel) that causes this, could I do any damage to the frig by leveling and then resetting? Is it that these things are over-protective or that the unit really got in a self-damaging state and something other than just tripping it to reset is required?
Old 09-24-2004, 06:04 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

I'm surprised your Norcold level sensing is that critical. It usually takes quite an angle to be a problem. Or was your rig really that far off-level?
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:03 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It is an aweful tedious process to perform this, any thoughts on either fixing a wire to #15 and taping off the other end so I don't have to remove the cover in the future? Or drilling a small hole in the black cover so I can see the #15 without removing the cover? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
After reviewing the threads above, I'll just note that this same problem happened with my friend's Norcold. Dealer told him that once you've rest pin #15 two separate times, if it sees a third time the computer goes into permanent fault and the factory must replace it.
-Not my experience, just what I've heard.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:32 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
The reason for the "lock out" built into the board is to protect the cooling unit. Several things can cause the unit not to cool down with in the specified time limit. You should try to find out what was causeing the problem and correct it. We have found insulation laying across the top of the condensor coil as well as very off level units that will go into lock out. I will have to investigate the number of resets to the board are maximum (if any) before permanent lock out is achieved.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:08 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RV Roamer:
I'm surprised your Norcold level sensing is that critical. It usually takes quite an angle to be a problem. Or was your rig really that far off-level? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was 100% level when I went to bed and the typhoon type rain caused the front jacks to sink 2" in the mud at night. Not terribly unlevel. As far as I'm concerned, this Norcold is extremely sensitive.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #14

Did anybody ever get an answer on how many time you can reset the board on a Norcold before it locks down?

Thanks
shastaron is offline   Reply With Quote