Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2021, 06:46 PM   #1

HWH 625 system, Jacks don't go down, pump makes no sounds

I have an HWH 625 that appears to be working with the correct lights flashing but the jacks do not go down as of yesterday. (luckily im on level ground) I read all the manuals and service literature and nothing seemed to be my issue. (of course)

Today I took off the control panel on the side of the dash. At first I looked at it and noticed there was a 6 pin header (not power header) and three of the pins were bent touching other pins. (how odd, I see no way that could have happened) But then I noticed what looks to be a rather large capacitor just dangling by one leg. The other legs solder joint is broken. This is very strange, its not mounted near anything that could have hit those parts that I can tell. I bent the pins back to where they should be and am trying to buy a soldering iron here in Santa Fe on labor day weekend. I've wanted a particular Milwaukee cordless one for about a year now. Of course the SF Home Depot has two, but the guy there couldn't find them and just walked away saying someone must have stolen them. Went back outside and ordered one of the two in stock for pickup.

I cannot even dream how those pins could be bent up like that nor the solder joint would break. Hopefully that is all that was wrong. I might also look for an amazon locker near here and see if I can get one day delivery if HD cannot help me. -Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2021, 01:27 PM   #2

Try an ACE hardware store, they used to handle Milwaukee tools.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #3

I was able to reattach the "cap", if that is what it is. Did not fix the issue. Still no jacks going down, manually or automatic. Lots of lights on at the board near the pump. Lots of fuses too. Wish I knew what lights were supposed to be on. Not finding that in the service manual.

Its amazing I cannot find any of the AP numbers i have on the HWH site or anywhere else online.

On the control Panel (by drivers seat) I have AP36225 on sticker and I also have AP25650 hand written on control panel board. But neither can be found online. I am going to assume my re-soldering failed.

There are a lot of red and amber lights in the clear box when I turn on the autoleveling, but no noise back there.

I have not heard the pump run since this issue began. I have looked for a fuse. I assume its a fairly big fuse and not any of those in the clear box in front of the pump. Anyone know if there is a BIG fuse, and where it might be located?

Also, I see two screws on that clear box, but they do no look like they would open the front cover to check those many small fuses in there. Any idea how I get in there to check them?

-Bill
Old 09-05-2021, 04:08 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillSD View Post
I was able to reattach the "cap", if that is what it is. Did not fix the issue. Still no jacks going down, manually or automatic. Lots of lights on at the board near the pump. Lots of fuses too. Wish I knew what lights were supposed to be on. Not finding that in the service manual.

Its amazing I cannot find any of the AP numbers i have on the HWH site or anywhere else online.

On the control Panel (by drivers seat) I have AP36225 on sticker and I also have AP25650 hand written on control panel board. But neither can be found online. I am going to assume my re-soldering failed.

There are a lot of red and amber lights in the clear box when I turn on the autoleveling, but no noise back there.

I have not heard the pump run since this issue began. I have looked for a fuse. I assume its a fairly big fuse and not any of those in the clear box in front of the pump. Anyone know if there is a BIG fuse, and where it might be located?

Also, I see two screws on that clear box, but they do no look like they would open the front cover to check those many small fuses in there. Any idea how I get in there to check them?

-Bill
Our "big fuse" for the 625 system is in the battery bay. I believe it's a 250a ANL Littlefuse brand fuse. If the fuse is good, make sure the motor is getting power at the large cable at the motor connection. Don't overlook low battery voltage either. Sometimes a small "love tap" to the motor will get them working again, but if that's the case it's new motor time.
Also don't overlook the parking brake switch signal to the control panel. The 625s won't run if the parking brake is not set. A bad parking brake switch is not an uncommon HWH failure. The red not in park/brake light must not be illuminated on the HWH control panel or nothing will operate.
If you can't easily figure it out, AZPete is the HWH guru here.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:37 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml35963.pdf

pages 16-21 explain what the LED lights on the control box are for.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine36 View Post
Our "big fuse" for the 625 system is in the battery bay. I believe it's a 250a ANL Littlefuse brand fuse. If the fuse is good, make sure the motor is getting power at the large cable at the motor connection. Don't overlook low battery voltage either. Sometimes a small "love tap" to the motor will get them working again, but if that's the case it's new motor time.
Also don't overlook the parking brake switch signal to the control panel. The 625s won't run if the parking brake is not set. A bad parking brake switch is not an uncommon HWH failure. The red not in park/brake light must not be illuminated on the HWH control panel or nothing will operate.
If you can't easily figure it out, AZPete is the HWH guru here.

I am still looking for the "big" 40 Amp Fuse for the HWH Jacks. The house 300 amp fuse is not an issue, if it were, the jacks would be the least of my problems. I have a call into AZPete, but of course its a holiday.. Hopefully I will hear from him on Tuesday, which is also when I get into Arizona too.

During my testing yesterday where I watched all the lights on the Control Box while the DW pressed the Auto Level button, after about the 5th try the pump started and two jacks went down, then it turned off. We kept trying to get the other side to deploy but was a no go, the pump never restarted. I stored the two that went down, and they went back up (thankfully) So, the 40A fuse, that I cannot find, is probably not the issue.

-Billl
Old 09-06-2021, 08:46 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
I am still looking for the "big" 40 Amp Fuse for the HWH Jacks. The house 300 amp fuse is not an issue, if it were, the jacks would be the least of my problems. I have a call into AZPete, but of course its a holiday.. Hopefully I will hear from him on Tuesday, which is also when I get into Arizona too.

During my testing yesterday where I watched all the lights on the Control Box while the DW pressed the Auto Level button, after about the 5th try the pump started and two jacks went down, then it turned off. We kept trying to get the other side to deploy but was a no go, the pump never restarted. I stored the two that went down, and they went back up (thankfully) So, the 40A fuse, that I cannot find, is probably not the issue.

-Billl
Yes indeed, sounds like Pete's your guy. Intermittent's can be tricky to trace down. Glad it's driveable, Best of Luck!
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:10 AM   #8

Bill, I remember Paul (Azpete) saying that not all systems have the 40A fuse, which on mine (610 system) is a Blade type fuse on an inline holder going to the master relay attached to the pump motor. I replaced the fuse with an automotive self-resetting CB.
I have looked through the 625 service manual (ml35963) and I don't see a reference to a 40A fuse.

What AP # do you have on the Jacks?

The way it is acting erratically it seems like you have a poor ground. Have you checked that the bolts that mount the reservoir/pump/motor is very tight and clean?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 03:12 PM   #9

Quote:

-Billl
My 40A fuse is inline approx. 10" from the motor.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:50 AM   #10
Commercial Member

the 40 amp fuse is for 310 and 610 leveling systems.
the 325 and 625 systems are covered by the f10 fuse in the control box.

i talked to bill, i will get his problem taken care of tomorrow.

paul
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, jacks, pump