Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2015, 05:19 PM   #29

It Depends.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiybrneyes View Post
What size inverter (watts) would I need to convert battery power (deep cycle marine) to 30 amps electricity?
I assume you want to provide 30 amps to a load at 120 volts. If the load is purely resistive, a 3600 watt inverter would, in theroy, run that load. However, if the load is complex with capacitive, inductive or combined reactance, it can take an inverter up to 50% larger to sustain a 30 amp load.

So, what are you wanting to run and , more importantly, HOW will you generate the energy needed to replenish the battery?

Larry
I have a vast knowledge about PV solar, batteries and inverters. I'll try to provide the best answer if I know it and hopefully correct some "Campfire" talk. Full-time 1999-2004. Part time now. '92 Hawkins, 360AH Lithium Battery, 1480 Watts PV solar.
BatteryPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2015, 06:17 PM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smly I am not fully mobile just now (I am but not motor home)

Some things I can do long distance,,,Some I need eyes on.. But what is the make and model of your converter.....IF you have a single door that exposes both 12volt fuses and 120 volt brakers..What is the make and model on that door.

There is at least ONE converter I know of where it might be an easy fix.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:37 PM   #31

Battery Pro;

Had you read thru most of the posts, you would see that your info, thou accurate, is not going to help the OP
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:09 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Battery Pro;

Had you read thru most of the posts, you would see that your info, thou accurate, is not going to help the OP
You're right...I only read a few and jumped in. Sorry I was not helpful on this one. That won't happen again.

Larry
I have a vast knowledge about PV solar, batteries and inverters. I'll try to provide the best answer if I know it and hopefully correct some "Campfire" talk. Full-time 1999-2004. Part time now. '92 Hawkins, 360AH Lithium Battery, 1480 Watts PV solar.
BatteryPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #33

I want to thank each and everyone of you who tried to help me. Most of the technical stuff I didn't understand, but feel I know a little more than I did. I will take it again to a different rv shop while the lights are off and hope someone else can find the problem. It makes me feel good to know there are so many willing to help. Thank you so much.
smiybrneyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter