Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #1

Jack down light not turning off

My jacks stop working recently so I changed the jack motor and everything works again!

Next issue is that my "jacks down" light wont go off unless I unplug the pressure switch. I removed and disassembled the Nason pressure switch and it seems to bench test fine. It is normally closed and opens when I press the internal button. after reassembly it remains "closed" can't bench test further than that, (hard to reproduce 2075psi). But reinstalled, after the first run, it remains closed. Not sure if the switch is sticking or I'm not building enough pressure in the valve body. Jacks go up just fine and you can hear the pump change tone when fully retracted.

Thank you so much!!
fladou246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2021, 06:10 PM   #2

Usually there are either individual switches at each jack or more common a level float switch in reservoir . I guess I could see high pressure showing that a jack is still supporting coach or its looking for every cylinder dead head up/retract position thus tripping pressure switch. One possibility the main pressure relief valve is bleeding off not letting it build set pressure but will still level coach thus far. Have you lifted coach much yet with jacks. Also maybe you should run several cycles up and down to purge air and or follow instructions to make sure they are bled.
I am assuming there are two hoses to each cylinder correct?
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:53 PM   #3
NXR

It would help if we knew what year, make, and model of coach you have and the make and model of jacks. From your mention of the 2,075 PSI pressure switch it sounds like maybe a Lippert? My "Jacks Down" light goes on when the pressure on the retract side drops to 2,150 PSI, which is pretty close to what you wrote.

Ray
Old 08-03-2021, 08:13 PM   #4

Had same problem with Lippert jacks (motor failure). Rebuilt motor and all was well except "Jacks Down" light stayed on. I learned (from youtube) there are various ways to clear the control memory. In my case I had to activate the control panel on; press "Front" button 5 times followed by pressing "Bottom" button 5 times; turn ignition off to kill power to control panel; ignition back on and control panel back on; "Jacks Down" light cleared successfully. Sounds kinda hokey, but this one worked for me. I found various notes on YT on how to "clear" the control panel. Good Luck

Tags
light