Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2021, 06:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2zon View Post
Did I miss it, or have you not yet told everyone which system you have? It's tough to offer good troubleshooting tips without that information!

I don't know what kind of system it is, can't really read anything on the jacks. I'll be doing some more investigating today.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2021, 06:43 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Should be a sensor on the oil reservoir. Either low oil or bad sensor. If you know the jacks are up, you can bypass that sensor to test that.

2018 Winnebago Sightseer 36z
phil-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_D View Post
Make sure your fluid level is at MAX when the jacks are retracted, not simply above MIN. I have to run my system a bit over MAX, or it alarms every time I turn a corner!

+1 Same thing here.
RetireAge50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:40 AM   #18

I actually found the manual and they are "Power Gear". Says if light/alarm goes on when the jacks are up to fill the reservoir. I'm going to pull the panel and see if there are any fuses blown.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:27 PM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smile

I actually had to replace the Float Switch on the side of my PowerGear reservoir. It had failed. If the lifts are visually up then all you would need to do to proceed quietly is to unplug the alarm connector.
I sourced a suitable Float Switch from WW Grainger that worked fine for $30.
schmaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmaco View Post
I actually had to replace the Float Switch on the side of my PowerGear reservoir. It had failed. If the lifts are visually up then all you would need to do to proceed quietly is to unplug the alarm connector.
I sourced a suitable Float Switch from WW Grainger that worked fine for $30.

Thanks for that info, can you physically see that float from the outside of the reservoir? I can't on mine. There appears to be some type of mount/screws on the reservoir that go through to the other side. I can't see through the fluid to see a float in there. Would think it would be on the top of the fluid.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:57 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
My power gear system will alarm when it's about 1/4 inch low. Fill to max.
Old 05-02-2021, 03:24 PM   #22

Guess I should follow up on my own post. Just got back from 800 mile trip. I added ATF, a little over the max. The alarm would go off when I went around a corner, so the fluid moving set the sensor off. I added a little more and it all seems good. Thanks to all for the replies. It truly is "always something".
Old 05-05-2021, 08:26 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockinload View Post
Guess I should follow up on my own post. Just got back from 800 mile trip. I added ATF, a little over the max. The alarm would go off when I went around a corner, so the fluid moving set the sensor off. I added a little more and it all seems good. Thanks to all for the replies. It truly is "always something".
Your alarm is sounding on turns because centrifugal force of the turn runs the fluid to the side of the tank thus lowering the fluid level in the center where the float is. When the coach hits a straightaway, the fluid levels out (rises in this case) and the float sees enough fluid to stop sounding the alarm. Adding a little more fluid corrects this as you found out.
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockinload View Post
Just so I understand. The reservoir pumps the fluid into the jacks and when the jacks are raised the fluid is pumped back into the reservoir? When the jacks are down the reservoir will be low?
HWH uses springs for jack retraction for all but one model, which is double-acting jacks. Jacks and slides must be retracted when adding Dextron III or HWH jack oil. DO NOT use hydraulic jack oil.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:07 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
HWH uses springs for jack retraction for all but one model, which is double-acting jacks. Jacks and slides must be retracted when adding Dextron III or HWH jack oil. DO NOT use hydraulic jack oil.

I used Dextron III.

Tags
jacks