Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2021, 07:59 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
LCI (Lippert) touch pad removal. Panel will not come on.

My panel looks like the picture below.

When I turn on ignition the panel diodes flash and it displays "Please wait..."
and then turns off, which I believe is it's normal behavior.

It is not responding to the ON OFF button.

How do I get the panel off to get to the back/internals? There is a notch at the top, right where it says "fig6" in the picture below. Prying a little hasn't moved it. Prying at the bezel hasn't done anything either.

I want to get under there, reseat connectors etc. Also see if a little cleaning will restore the switch or if I can duplicate the switch temporarily.

When we left the last place on 11/22 it took a few presses to get it on. The menu scroll buttons responded ok as did "enter" when selecting "auto retract"

When we arrived here it took several presses to get it on.
Once on the auto level button responded to the first press.

I decide to check it out this morning and now it will not respond to the "on/off" button. I've tried holding the button, fast presses, long presses, many presses.

I've got until Sunday to fix this or it's going to be a service call or worse yet manual retraction. Manual retraction doesn't sound very safe. You have to get under the coach loosen a valve and wait for the coach to settle but not enough to squish you. Alternatively you can run the pump with a drill but you still have to be under there unless you have a 10 foot flexible extension and some what to keep it engaged.

The only safe way I can see doing this is by having two hydraulic jacks under the frame on the end you are lowering, then letting the chassis down when you aren't under it. I presume you have to find a way to force the jacks up all the way up to finish the job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LCI Panel.PNG
Views:	35
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	349795  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2021, 09:18 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Make sure the ignition switch is turned to on. If the panel doesn't see the voltage from the ignition, it won't turn on. The panel just snaps into the base, pry it out. https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0002372.pdf
Page 13.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:21 AM   #3

Here are instructions to get the panel apart...

https://youtu.be/5jElTN9c4LY

We had a similar problem on our rig last year. We were fortunate that our son's trailer had the same system so we swapped the control boards and proved the issue. Then ordered a replacement on amazon and all is well.

Good luck!
VACHZHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:35 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ignition is on. It flashes the self test so I know it is getting power.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:44 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for that video. It gave me the confidence to use more force and I got it off.
The switches are part of a sealed plastic cover not individual microswitches so I can't get to the actual switch mechanism with out basically destroying the cover.

I did reseat a ribbon switch that goes from the cover to the control board and the connector that goes from the board to wire harness. This had no effect.

Realizing that the cover is actually the switch I experimented with pressing differently to see if I could get some contact and it worked. By sweeping from the lower part of the area to the upper part I can get a fairly reliable on off function.

Should hold me until I can schedule a shop visit.

Thank you for all the help.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:58 AM   #6

Send an email to Lippert and see if they have a recall. Mine is different, but when I was having a problem with the unit operating in manual mode they sent me a replacement control pad under good will.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:48 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizerEd View Post
Thanks for that video. It gave me the confidence to use more force and I got it off.
The switches are part of a sealed plastic cover not individual microswitches so I can't get to the actual switch mechanism with out basically destroying the cover.

I did reseat a ribbon switch that goes from the cover to the control board and the connector that goes from the board to wire harness. This had no effect.

Realizing that the cover is actually the switch I experimented with pressing differently to see if I could get some contact and it worked. By sweeping from the lower part of the area to the upper part I can get a fairly reliable on off function.

Should hold me until I can schedule a shop visit.

Thank you for all the help.
Glad you have a (short term) resolution.

Tags
lippert, panel, removal