RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #1

Level indicator board not working

Ran into some issues where the battery switch wasn't turning the batteries on but my level indicator board all worked until we started tearing things apart to fix the batteries. Ended up finding a ground wire not kosher so we fixed it and all power is working but now I'm not getting any lights on my indicator board on a few things.

My gen turns on, water pump, water heater, and aux battery switches all turn on and light up. When I check the reading the indicator lights up for aux batteries but no lights come on when I check the following levels, main battery, fresh water, black water, grey water, or LPG. All connections are good, fuses good and wiring all appears to be correct down in battery bay. Any clues what could be causing this? Is it possible for half the board to go bad or what? We checked all we could think of.

TIA
tacomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 03:23 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Information on what your coach is will be helpful. Also we the tank level monitor board another board added to the rest of the control center? Are there any manufacturer name and or numbers on the board? Is there power feeding the level monitor board? The more info including photos the better we can be of help.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #3

It's a 2006 Class C 31 foot Fleetwood Tioga. Here is a picture of the board I'm talking about. All the things on the right power up, work and lights come on under each switch. When I hit the Aux Battery button it shows a full charge and all the lights on the left work. When I check the other 5 levels nothing lights up on any of them. At a minimum the 1 light under empty should at least come on but doesn't for any of the other 5 levels.

This is factory installed and worked a couple of weeks ago before we tore into everything trying to figure out why my house batteries weren't turning on with this switch. It ended up being a ground issue and as soon as we hooked up the ground wire that was previously not hooked to anything the batteries started working but then part of this board isn't working. That ground wire that wasn't hooked up hadn't been before since they put an inverter in and it worked fine. For some reason this spring things weren't working right so we hooked it up and everything started working except for now 1/2 of this board.

My guess is maybe a ground issue to this board or possibly the board is flaking out on me. Figured someone has run into something like this before or knows this board and can tell me if they've had issues like mine etc.

Hope I provided enough info

Old 07-03-2014, 03:36 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You probably have a blown fuse in the Battery Control Center (a black box with fuses, circuit breakers and solenoids in it). Look under steps and in basement compartments. If you cannot find it, call Fleetwood customer service for help as to where it is. Even though you have power for part of the control panel, I believe there is is a separate circuit for the tank monitor section.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #5

Is this the box you are talking about?

or there is another black box that has battery cables attached to it that I believe allows the power from the batteries to run the house. When I turn the battery switch on it makes a click and works so I'm thinking it's ok.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:16 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
The Bi-directional Isolator Relay Delay controls the charging from the alternator to the house batteries. If you hear a click and the lights inside come one when not plugged into shore power or the generator is running then the disconnect switch is working.
Are all those fuses good? If you cannot find all the fuses call Fleetwood to find out where they hid it. Otherwise you can pick up power from the good side of the control panel and supply the tank monitor section.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #7

Thanks

Tags
cat