Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2007, 01:23 AM   #1

I am having a hard time researching how to unlock the power board on my Norcold N641-2 way
refrigerator. The board part number is 628661 and has a 10 pin connector not a 16 pin connector.
I have found that you jumper pin #15 to ground on the boards with a 16 pin connector.
Which pin on the 10 pin connector??
Snowbirds from Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Snowbirds from Kingston, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your experieinces. Unfortunately I do not have my other laptop with technical data with me at this moment (it is at work); I know, that is a four letter word but I have to. I will try to get the time today to look up this info and get back to you on the refrigerator reset proceedure. I will put in a short cut to the New Members section so others can welcome you and you might get teh answer even fast than I can get back to you about. Good luck and have a great summer.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:18 AM   #3

Snowbirds from Kingston...Hello and Welcome to iRV2. Glad you found our site.

Please drop into the Canada Region Forum when you get a chance. Don't forget to request your sticker and do come in often.
..........Brad.

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:57 AM   #4

Thank you for responding. When I get by the current problem (NORCOLD) I have a seriies of fuel related problems to warn everybody against. We are currently in the middle of a number of problems. I will check back often but can't take the time to elaborate right now.
Cheers....Bill and Marg
1999 Georgie Boy Pursuit
32.5 feet, no slides, no toad
Old 06-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #5

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
It always helps to have a good service manual. You can get one for your N641 in .PDF format using this link:

Norcold Refrigerator Service Manual

There are pictures of the circuit boards so maybe it will help in solving your problem.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #6

Thank you Frank for that link. That service manual has a page dated 2004 and shows circuit diagrams with 16 pin connections. My N641-2 way has a Power Board with only 10 pins on the connector. The board part number is 628661 and the date on the harness tag (10 pin) is 06.02.06. It is a fairly new board and one that they currently use in several new models. I guess they have discovered a great way to profit on "consummables" (like ink cartridges for printers)
Cheers....Bill
Old 06-21-2007, 06:05 AM   #7

This is the info someone got me from Norcold, You can reset this way on every model except N811/611 Model "Entering the diagnostic mode of operation and then <span class="ev_code_RED">clearing fault history screen 6 </span>resets the no co hard lockout.
This is for all models, with the frige on and operating in the manual AC mode(AC power disconnected from the power board) Jump pin P2-2 which is the the top left 6 pin connector second pin from the left to ground for 10 to 30 seconds, hope this helps
carnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:05 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Carnie, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and thank you for the info on the N811 an 611 reset proceedure. We hope you will be an active participant on the forum. Good luck and enjoy the summer!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:47 AM   #9

I have the same exactly problem then Snowbirds
My board is 10 pins and I don't know the steps for reset the problem (flashing 5 times every three seconds
Somebody can help me????????
thanks
alvarezelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:15 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
alvarezelectric...
Welcome to iRV2!! You have come across the friendliest & most helpful RV forum around.

I went to the owners manual that was a link above. Why don't you go to Page 24 of 76 found here. There is a 5 flashing code & how to reset it. (It is actually pg 21 of the manual - but #24 in the PDF file)If that isn't it... then you may find another 5 flash code listed in another combination ...Good Luck!

Let us know if that helps...and then you can actually start a new thread & introduce yourself!!

Again... welcome to iRV2! Please visit & post often.

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #11

Although this thread was in 2008, I have the same problem. Also have 10 pin not 16. The 76 page manual does not have anything for the board that Snowbirds and Alvarezelectric have .. Only for me, I'm getting 6 flashes.

Did anyone get the answer on how to reset the 6268661 10 pin board

2008 McKenzie Starwood 32FKD LX Travel Trailer
Forty4san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:24 AM   #12

I am sorry for your problem. I ended up having to pay for a new board. It is exasperating to endure NORCOLDS' paranoia (they have been sued).

In this economic climate companies should be bending over backwards with respect to "good old" customer service.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:17 AM   #13

Our fridge is still under manufacture warranty .. now to find an authorized RV mobile repair service that will come to us.

Thank you for the information.

2008 McKenzie Starwood 32FKD LX Travel Trailer
Forty4san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

There should be a 6 pin connector near the upper left corner of the 6268661 board. There are 4 wires and two open positions. The second pin from the right is open. Short that to ground using #10 wire to reset the board.

Here is a link to the Norcold page showing the reset for this board.

Norcold 6268661 reset
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote