Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2020, 10:06 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Low Side Latching Controller for Water Pump

The water Pump on our '07 HR Endeavor 40SFT is not turning on. We are connected to shore supply full-timing, but I wanted to test our on-board pump and run some water out of the fresh water tank. Searching for fuse locations and found none of them burned out. I am down to either the pump is shot (ShurFlo) or the Latching Controller is defective.

Can anyone possible guide me to the location of the Latching Controller? I do not see it in the water service bay, unless it's behind the pump. Oddly, when I flip on any of the 3 water pump switches, the light on the switches at all 3 locations illuminate just like they always do, but the pump won't kick on. And I do not hear a click from something like a relay. Ideas? Thanks.

......Joe
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2020, 05:05 AM   #2

The pump won't come on if you're connected to city water.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:36 AM   #3

There is an inline fuse located next to the pump. I have never heard of a pump not coming on because it was hooked to city water. But I don't sleep at Holiday Inns either.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:34 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Water D View Post
The pump won't come on if you're connected to city water.

I believe this may be true because the water pressure in the lines is higher than the pump cutoff pressure. Same reason the pump doesn’t continue to run once the faucet is turned off (pressure in lines)
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 07:12 AM   #5

Ding ding ding. We have a winner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I believe this may be true because the water pressure in the lines is higher than the pump cutoff pressure. Same reason the pump doesn’t continue to run once the faucet is turned off (pressure in lines)
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:29 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Latching controller on mine is in the wet bay, right side on wall behind the service panel, if this helps.
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:43 AM   #7
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillbox View Post
Latching controller on mine is in the wet bay, right side on wall behind the service panel, if this helps.
Mine too: 2008 HR Endeavor 40 skq

There may be a fuse or breaker in a box/panel on the passenger side. Could be inside the battery compartment (the box that is).

The controller routes a rather heavy amperage 12 volt supply to the pump. You may just have a loose connection.

As mentioned, turn off shoreline water and flip your tank fill lever to release any water pressure in the system or run a faucet.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/blac...ml#post4059567

I have modified my wet pay a couple of times now. Cutting the top section off gives me access to the latching relay for the pump and I also turned the hose reel around so it drops the hose straight down. The mounted macerator was removed and stored because I rarely use it and it takes up a lot of space in the wet bay.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump