Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2020, 10:47 PM   #1

Skyline Owners Group
Question Magnatek upgrade questions I haven't found answers to for by searching the forum.

Hi all,
The situation: just bout the rig that's my username and it has the old battery boiler model 6332 that works, but I want to be good to my batteries. It's gonna get a multi stage converter.

I have a few questions before buying a Progressive Dynamics, I like the intermittent de-sulfating cycle built in.

The questions:

1. Do you feel the addition of the new 12v fuse board is needed for "better filtering" Or can that just be a pass? I am jumping right in the deep end and have never worked on anything like this beyond wiring my boat trailer lights. So I may not want to mess with rewiring a fuse board if it's not needed.

2. Is there any benefits or downside to upgrading to a PD9250C, 45 amp converter over the PD4635V 35 amp recommended as the replacement of the 30 amp original Magnatek 6332? ...For example will it charge my battery faster? Or will I over power wiring/appliances in a 30aamp rig somehow

Thanks for taking a second to let me know what you think. It seems like a no brainer that it needs to be done and I am sure I can do it safely. I even plan on getting a cheep 1/4 torque driver to cinch it to specs.

Safe travels.
Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2020, 07:29 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I don't think you'll need to worry about the wiring going to the 45amp model. It's 45amp DC so only about 5amps AC.
I think you'd be better off doing the whole kit. There's pics that show you how to do the whole thing over at bestconverter.com. You can do it. ( In my SNL voice)
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:09 PM   #3

I would go with the 45A KIT for the 6300 Series
Replacement converter/charger unit, new DC Fuse board, built-in 3-stage charging and 100% filtered DC output

**your OLD Fuse board has Unfilter section (fuses 1-6) and Filtered Section (Fuses 7, 8, 9) Only 3 circuits filtered!

New fuse board...all 9 are Filtered......removes the AC Ripple

45 Amp Kit For 6300 Series
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, upgrade, vent