Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6
Magnetek Converter - 6345

My Magnetek 6345 converter is not working right. Everything works on 110 but when I put it on battery only the radio works. If we wait about 5 minutes to 1/2 hour on 12 volt then all the lights and fans will work. And yes I have two new batteries. And I have tested the batteries and they are all right. When I put a tester on the converter when it is hooked up to 110 all the connection light up. But when I put it on 12 volt only the radio fuse lights up. Is there a way to work and replace things in the converter. Does anybody know where I can look for information on repairing my converter. Also where is the Magnetek web site.
ratcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
Community Moderator
 
RV Wizard's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Chattanooga, Tn.
Posts: 12,061
Welcome to iRV2.com. I am sure you will enjoy this website and forums. I would recommend you install a new charger that will be better for you new batteries. Check out an upgrade kit http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/c...FRJhnAodfnXJCQ
__________________
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
Welcome to iRV2.com. I am sure you will enjoy this website and forums. I would recommend you install a new charger that will be better for you new batteries. Check out an upgrade kit http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/c...FRJhnAodfnXJCQ
Are the 7300RU upgrade for magnetek/parallax easy to install. I do 90% of the work on my trailer. So,do think I can do it.
ratcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:43 AM   #4
Community Moderator
 
RV Wizard's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Chattanooga, Tn.
Posts: 12,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcity View Post
Are the 7300RU upgrade for magnetek/parallax easy to install. I do 90% of the work on my trailer. So,do think I can do it.
I don't know your level of electrical skills but if you are comfortable in working with electricity, you should be able to R & R the converter section ok.
__________________
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
JC2
Senior Member
 
JC2's Avatar
 
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mo/Texas
Posts: 3,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcity View Post
My Magnetek 6345 converter is not working right. Everything works on 110 but when I put it on battery only the radio works. If we wait about 5 minutes to 1/2 hour on 12 volt then all the lights and fans will work. And yes I have two new batteries. And I have tested the batteries and they are all right. When I put a tester on the converter when it is hooked up to 110 all the connection light up. But when I put it on 12 volt only the radio fuse lights up. Is there a way to work and replace things in the converter. Does anybody know where I can look for information on repairing my converter. Also where is the Magnetek web site.
My suggestion would be to completely avoid the Magnajunk converters. When ours went bad, we purchased a Progressive 9345 with the Charge Wizard from this link. http://cgi.ebay.com/PROGRESSIVE-DYNA...3A1%7C294%3A50
It takes approximate 30 minutes to change out and will be a much appreciated replacement. Be very careful and not let any of the cables/wires touch when doing the exchange.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
Community Moderator
 
"007"'s Avatar


 
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 30,743
Here is some information on your converter that may help.
Welcome to irv2.
__________________
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans
VISIT the NEWMAR QUICK TIPS & EASYMODS 1 & 2
QUICK TIPS # 3
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
wa8yxm's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,023
I have a habit of suggesting anyone with a Magnetek converter do an upgrade. Parallax bought Magnetek and made some improvements and changed the name, but there is still more improvement possible

http://www.bestconverter.com, on this page, on the left, if you scroll down a bit is a frame called "Extra Info" as I recall, it is instructions for replacing the Magnetek/Parallax converters with things like a Progressive Dynamics 9200 or Xantrex XADC, either of which by the way are top rated converters. In fact I'd be hard pressed to pick a single best. but both of those are on the list.

They also sell 'em there, most folks like the prices. I've never had contact with them though
__________________
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I have a habit of suggesting anyone with a Magnetek converter do an upgrade. Parallax bought Magnetek and made some improvements and changed the name, but there is still more improvement possible

http://www.bestconverter.com, on this page, on the left, if you scroll down a bit is a frame called "Extra Info" as I recall, it is instructions for replacing the Magnetek/Parallax converters with things like a Progressive Dynamics 9200 or Xantrex XADC, either of which by the way are top rated converters. In fact I'd be hard pressed to pick a single best. but both of those are on the list.

They also sell 'em there, most folks like the prices. I've never had contact with them though
Are the Progressive Dyamics conereter quite
ratcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing 12 volt Converter and Battery Charger DriVer RV Systems & Appliances 13 08-22-2011 11:32 AM
Magnetek 6345 Converter..upgrade Buff01 RV Systems & Appliances 3 10-04-2008 12:14 AM
Magnetek 6345 120/12V converter/chger. problem.. Buff01 RV Systems & Appliances 5 08-24-2008 05:49 PM
Magnetek 6345 not charging batteries Romer1 MH-General Discussions & Problems 4 11-01-2007 02:56 PM
Yet another defective tail light converter???? smlranger Toads and Motorhome Related Towing 5 03-09-2007 06:08 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.