Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2020, 12:41 PM   #1

Major water leak with Aqua-Hot

Just bought a 2017 Allegro Bus and upon hooking to city water I have water pouring out from around the Aqua-Hot exhaust. I pulled the AH cover it’s all dry from what I can see. As soon as I turn water on or turn water pump on it leaks. Suggestions please.
sims5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2020, 02:26 PM   #2

From your description I would say the AH has nothing to do with your leak except the exhaust hole is where the water is finding a path out of your coach. Any leak from the AH would be colored from the boiler fluid.
Sounds like there is a drain valve open or a leaking water line in the area.

Good luck
Old 08-02-2020, 02:27 PM   #3

The water that first came out had a hint of antifreeze. I’ll keep looking.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:38 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
The fresh water loop in the Aquahot does not have antifreeze in it. It travels a loop and gets heated by the Antifreeze/water in the Aquahot. The Aquahot itself has an antifreeze/ water mixture.

If you had a break in the fresh water loop In the Aquahot it should overfill the expansion tank for the Aquahot.

If the leak is in the mixing valve , under the burner pump, you would get water without antifreeze pouring out.

If the water has RV antifreeze a different story.

Looks very closely as mistakes made diagnosing can be very expensive.

Just my opinion

Good luck,

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
My thoughts are if your AquaHot is the problem and doing the leaking, hooking it to city water should not make a difference. Does it leak when you're not connected to city water, but have the water pump turned on? If so, it could be a plumbing leak and as previously mentioned, just found its way out via the AquaHot exhaust. If it does not leak when the pump is turned on and not on city water, I would start by checking the routing from the city water/tank fill input. It might be something as simple as the water spool leaking from the inside where the plumbing connects. One final thought... can your see if your fresh water tank is full? If that is the problem, you would not be the first person to have a faulty fresh water tank reading and water escaping an already full tank.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #6

Seems like same issue with our Aquahot - fluid out the exhaust on 2019 Entegra. Welds broke around burner can. Entire AH replaced, luckily under warranty
MnRBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:29 PM   #7

I found a broken fitting on the stainless hose on the backside of the AH. Thankfully there is an access panel to it. Should have it fixed tomorrow. Thank you all for the help.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:43 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims5 View Post
I found a broken fitting on the stainless hose on the backside of the AH. Thankfully there is an access panel to it. Should have it fixed tomorrow. Thank you all for the help.

Thanks for posting back. Good catch and hopefully a cheap fix.

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:07 PM   #9

Fixed that line and now when city water is on I have water coming out the expansion overflow tube. How is that possible?
Old 08-03-2020, 10:30 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims5 View Post
Fixed that line and now when city water is on I have water coming out the expansion overflow tube. How is that possible?

Fresh water tank full coupled with bad check valve causing water to back flow into the already full fresh water tank ???
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:40 PM   #11

Commercial Member

sims5

Your Aqua-Hot heats hot water through a continuous copper coil that is in the boiler tank. If that copper coil breaks, then fresh water leaks into the boiler tank and overflows the expansion tank.

Sorry catastrophic failure. Hopefully you are able to work with seller on replacement unit.

- Roger Berke -
Roger Berke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:20 PM   #12

It was on consignment and thankfully I haven’t signed the final papers. Dealership is coming to get it tomorrow to fix everything. Can the coils be replaced or will it need to be the entire unit?
Old 08-04-2020, 05:21 PM   #13

Should I be concerned with any of the tubing for the in floor heat since the coach wasn’t winterized correctly? This will be my first coach with AquaHot, so I have a lot to learn. I don’t think that system gets winterized, correct?
Old 08-04-2020, 05:26 PM   #14

Commercial Member

If coach was not winterized correctly, then you should carefully test all systems.

Aqua-Hot offers Factory Reconditioning and brand new units. Contact them directly for details. (303) 651-5500

8 to 16+ man hours to remove and replace unit.

- Roger Berke -
Roger Berke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak