Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2022, 05:06 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Microwave retention plate

Just wondering where one can get a plate to hold a MW in place or what these things are called? My rig as a plate that fit around the MW (not the OEM one from Coachmen) with flange to hold the MW with screws, has ventilation louvres and is fastened by screws into the cabinet. The piece appears to be specifically manufactured to fit (finish/covering for one) and not a custom job.

Like to replace the MW with the one in our house which is smaller (at least 2" narrower and an inch shorter.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2022, 08:00 PM   #2

It’s called a “front bezel” or “frame” for microwaves and are usually specific for the unit.

Have recently bought 2 convection/microwaves for our coach after the 19 year old Samsung gave up 3-4 months after we bought the coach. A RecPro unit which lasted about 1-1/2 meals, and a Dometic unit which is at 6 months and counting.
Each unit came with its own front mounting plate packed in the box with the microwave. None of the front frames were interchangeable with the other.
And I had to make cabinet modifications to fit the Dometic.

My gut feel is, if the microwave wasn’t made to be wall mounted the OEM probably didn’t make the bezel.

And FWIW - am not a fan of Dometic - but this one seems to be a pretty robust unit - at least equal to the one that spent 19 years in our coach.
Old 03-27-2022, 10:38 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks. The MW is a Panasonic. I guess the bezel must be for home use? I was going to put it in my house and put the mechanically-simple (timer dial control) Kenmore unit (picked off the side of he road on our possession date) from the house into the RV. Then I don't have to set the clock each time I hook up to 120V or run the generator.

Maybe I'll make a shim or a wooden bezel.

Old 03-28-2022, 07:24 AM   #4

I think it’s more of the bezel is supplied whenever the unit is intended for a wall mount - which could be home or MoHo. That I’ve seen when I was searching for a replacement - the target markets for the units was focused to MoHo’s, but home countertop use as well.

Make certain whatever you do that there is adequate venting of the cavity.

Tags
microwave