Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Microwave Turntable not Turning

We have a Magic Chef microwave model MCO2212ARW, manufactured April 2002. The turntable isn't turning anymore, seems to be working ok otherwise. The unit is mounted above the stove and has a work light and exhaust fan as part of the underneath. Is this an easy fix?
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Have to ask this question: Is the turntable turned on? Mine has a on/off button on it.
If no on/off button, maybe the turntable motor went bad. Going to have to search the internet and try and find troubleshooting info. on your model. Good Luck.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you can hear motor or table kicks forward a small bit, it could be the turn table piece that fits on the motor shaft.
Its plastic and they can split so motor shaft just spins around in plastic piece.
You can lift the plastic coupling off the shaft and try gluing the pieces together or as I did wrap some thin wire wraps around the plastic and wrap tie the thin wire.
Has worked for me a couple of years now or you can spend some money and buy a new coupling.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
There is no on/off for the turntable, it's supposed to turn all the time. The plastic button that turns does not appear to be damaged, a small tug on it did not release it.

The unit still works, I'm careful to stop it every 30 seconds and rotate the dish. Just a pain to have to do this!!!
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Probably needs a new turn table motor. Access the motor and check for 120 vac. If present and motor still does not run, replace motor.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is a motor under the thing, then there is the part that turns you see, I do not know the magic cheif so can not say more. Mine is a Dometic and actually made by LG (lousy goods) so I had to re-design it a bit and modify it to make it work.

LG really is the company name (Lucky Goldstar, never been lucky with Goldstar products, NOT a one of them).

Nordic Ware makes a wind up clockwork turntable you can get it at most Appliance departments.. Try one.