Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Unhappy Murphy's Law-96 Pace Arrow Vision

Well it’s been quite a month. First I lost 12v in the coach. Found that the batteries were 6 years old and in failing health. So I purchase two Interstate U2200 batteries. I went back the following weekend to find the Batteries deader than a hammer. I check the voltage from the convertor to find 0, zip, nada, nine, voltage reading. Was all set to order a new one but called Fleetwood to verify the manufacturer who did provide all the information I needed. They also can supply the parts I need but have not gotten a price yet. And FYI there Service and Parts Departments were as with every call I’ve made past and present fantastic. Taking there time and finding all the answers to the questions I asked. They gave me the number of the manufacturer of the Converter. There Tech department informed me of a couple of Fuses that might have blown. (Have not checked this out yet) At the same time I turned the air on and now the front air will only run and cool on low but not high fan or High cool. I got up on the roof to investigate the air problem to find that plug for the Solar Panel had a pin broke. Bought a replacement and fixed the solar Panel. Then my DIRECTV dropped out. I did manage to tract that down before the Race Sunday to a bad connector on the post where I hook up.

John
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:16 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Keep your chin up and tackle one problem at a time and before you know it you are back in business. Let us know if you need any help with questions.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:12 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thumbs up Murphy's Law Gaining Ground

Well I think I have the charging problem resolved. Found the Converter/Charger buried behind the breaker/fuse panel. There is AC Voltage going in, no DC Voltage coming out. It is made by Progressive Dynamics out of Michigan. I talk to there Tech support very helpful and user friendly. The one I have is a PD 9155 which is no longer in service. They recommended the PD 9260 which has the upgrade to 4 operating modes and the Charge Wizard capability. They don’t sell new units; found one on Ebay for $168.00 shipping included ordered it last week on Monday received it Tuesday. Got everything put back together Wednesday and all seems well. I have not tackled the air conditioning problem. Temps in the high 90's and very Humid. As long as it will cool on low I ‘m going to try and wait till the weather cools off. In the mean time do some research as to why it will run on Low Fan and Low Cool but not High Fan or High Cool?

John
Old 08-13-2009, 04:07 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
John thanks for the update. Send make and model number of air conditioner and I can help you with troubleshooting.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:57 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Murphy's Law (Coleman Air Conditioner)

Thanks Mike,

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Coleman Mach III

Model# 7333C8876
Serial# 099507964

Controlled with Intellitec Electronic Climate Control (aka ECC)

John

Old 08-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, I can not give you better advice than the folks in Marshall, Mi can.. But I will tell you the PD 9260 is a 1st rate choice. While I hesitate to name a converter "Best" If I were to nominate one for that title... You got it (just so you know)

One thing you need to know is the location of any and all fuses which might be on that converter There should be two if I'm not mistaken.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thumbs up Progressive Dynamics PD 9260 C

The PD 9155 that I removed had 2 Fuses at 30A each. It had 1 Positive and 1 Negitive hookups.

The PD 9260 C has 3 Fuses at 25A each. It now has 2 Positive and 2 Negitive hookups. The Fuses are mounted on the front of the unit. Of course it is buried behind the main Breaker Fuse Panel.It also now has the Charge Wizard which consits of a 4 stage charging system. Those modes being Boost 14.4 V, Normal 13.6 V, storage 13.2 V, and Equalize which every 21 hours puts 14.4 V charge to the batterys for 15 minutes to help reduce sulfation on the battery plates. I found mine for $168.00 shipping included.

John
Old 08-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good converter. You will be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneldbrat View Post

The PD 9155 that I removed had 2 Fuses at 30A each. It had 1 Positive and 1 Negitive hookups.

The PD 9260 C has 3 Fuses at 25A each. It now has 2 Positive and 2 Negitive hookups. The Fuses are mounted on the front of the unit. Of course it is buried behind the main Breaker Fuse Panel.It also now has the Charge Wizard which consits of a 4 stage charging system. Those modes being Boost 14.4 V, Normal 13.6 V, storage 13.2 V, and Equalize which every 21 hours puts 14.4 V charge to the batterys for 15 minutes to help reduce sulfation on the battery plates. I found mine for $168.00 shipping included.

John

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote