Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
LML

My hot water heater quit supplying hot water.

[URL]
LML is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
LML

Not sure what happened when posting but apparently I am having trouble there also. My question is "I do not get hot water out of faucets, actually no water when faucet is on hot only get water when faucet is on cold. Hot water tank is full of water and does not supply water to faucet. Tried flushing tank and using elec and gas. It worked great then just stop supplying water" I have a 2004 Monaco Diplomat.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2. Is your outside water / shower faucet open by chance ?

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
LML

Nope just checked it. This happened while taking shower. Had hot water then it just stopped.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Not sure what happened when posting but apparently I am having trouble there also. My question is "I do not get hot water out of faucets, actually no water when faucet is on hot only get water when faucet is on cold. Hot water tank is full of water and does not supply water to faucet. Tried flushing tank and using elec and gas. It worked great then just stop supplying water" I have a 2004 Monaco Diplomat.
You have a failed check valve at the water heater. Has to do with winterizing. I’ve replaced mine twice. They fail internally and plug up the works. I finally replaced it with a conventional on/off valve.

Regards,
Tom Charlton
Old 10-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
LML

Is this an item you have to get from RV store or are they standard item you can get from Home Depot?
Old 10-13-2014, 05:47 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Is this an item you have to get from RV store or are they standard item you can get from Home Depot?
Good morning LML,
Should be able to find it at Home Depot. It’s installed where hot water comes out of your water heater. To winterize you’d manually close the in-flow valve and drain the hot water heater. The check valve is supposed to stop the anti-freeze from back flowing into the water heater. If your installation has the space to do so, replace the check valve with a manual valve just like the other manual valve. It’s a tight space to work in and you’ll need your big wrenches.
In my limited experience the check valves have very poor quality and fail way too often. YMMV.

Regards,
Tom Charlton
Old 10-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
LML

Thanks Tom. Just joined this site and glad I did. Always something to fix and I'm not the handiest person to say the least.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I just removed the check valve. No problem since.
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water, water heater