Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2022, 03:53 PM   #1

Need new shower head

Our shower head is about to die. It has had some pressure issues for a while now and last night I noticed the shut off valve was falling apart.

We mostly boondock so our water pressure is the built in pump. I am not sure what the pump is rated at, however were are in a toy hauler with decent pressure/volume. We spend weeks/months at a time in our RV, not just "weekend camping trips".

We currently have the Dura Faucet 400 series shower head and we have been happy with that.

I know lots of people are happy with their Oxygenics shower heads.

The 3 main heads I have been looking at are the Dura 400, Oxygenics Furry and the Oxygenics 88446. They are all similar price.

Does anyone have feedback or comparisons between any of these models? Is there a shower head that I should add to my considerations list and why?
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2022, 03:18 AM   #2

Bought the OxygenicsRV and we love it over what was in the coach (which was OE from ‘02).
Only down side - it doesn’t have a valve on it.

And FWIW - I also installed a water tempering balance valve to better utilize my hot water and prevents one from scalding themselves.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:00 AM   #3

We have the Oxygenics Fury since 2016. It works great for us. Doesn't have a flow stop valve, but has a flip valve which slows the water to a trickle to maintain temp. It does not stop the flow completely.
Bill 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:45 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Another Oxygenics user and love it. I even put one in the house when we had a house.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:55 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We tried different shower heads throughout the years. When we got the Oxygenics head what a difference.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:16 AM   #6

Thanks for the feedback.

We rarely use the shutoff on ours.

Our typical use is to turn the hot water on enough to get the water flowing with out fluctuating. We then add cold to control the pressure and temperature. This reduces the total water output to help conserve a bit.

Just before coming on here I looked at our local store. The only one they have is the Furry in stock so we are going to try it.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:26 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
I donít know what I did wrong, but I bought one of the Oxegenic (so?) shower heads with the hose. Itís not as good as the original one, so I cleaned out all the little holes and reinstalled the original. Happy now. I didnít see any better flow or pressure, so I just kept the semi shutoff valve.

Hopefully you will have a better experience than me if you get the Oxegenix.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned Tourist View Post
I donít know what I did wrong, but I bought one of the Oxegenic (so?) shower heads with the hose. Itís not as good as the original one, so I cleaned out all the little holes and reinstalled the original. Happy now. I didnít see any better flow or pressure, so I just kept the semi shutoff valve.

Hopefully you will have a better experience than me if you get the Oxegenix.
Which model of Oxygenics? Which model is your original?

I know many people say get the Oxygenics, that is like saying buy a Ford or a Chevy. There are lots of models and the do not all do the same things.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:41 AM   #9

We are the weird ones.... hated the Oxygenics shower head and ended up returning it.

We replaced it with https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great, has a shut off, and was a whopping $12 on Amazon.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark52 View Post
Bought the OxygenicsRV and we love it over what was in the coach (which was OE from Ď02).
Only down side - it doesnít have a valve on it.

And FWIW - I also installed a water tempering balance valve to better utilize my hot water and prevents one from scalding themselves.
We have the Oxygenics Body Spa and I noticed it has the shutoff at the RV valve instead of at the hand held part, I don't remember if I installed it that way of if the shutoff was already on my RV. I want to try removing it and installing it on the hand held because it is tricky trying to find it when your eyes are closed.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:59 PM   #11

We bought the original Oxygenic but replaced it for some reason. When the hose gave up in our current rig I found our old Oxygenic head and re-installed it. We have a demand water heater so we donít stop the flow. I did notice a stray stream of water from the side of the head today though.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower