Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2022, 08:22 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
No heat - Whirlpool Compact Electric Dryer ldr3822pq2

Our Whirlpool Compact Electric Dryer ldr3822pq2 has worked flawlessly for hundreds of loads. Now, it starts and runs fine, without heat. Has anyone experienced this?
We have previously found local appliance shops do not like to work in RV's.
Suggestions?
Vent & lint filter are ok.
Contender is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2022, 09:00 AM   #2

Electric dryers are not much harder to work on than replacing a light bulb - they’re just a little harder to access what fails.

Likely your problem is a failed thermal fuse or possibly a failed heat element. Both easily replaced once you access the the internals of the unit.

How “electrically” and “mechanically” competent are you?
Old 11-30-2022, 09:39 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark52 View Post
Electric dryers are not much harder to work on than replacing a light bulb - they’re just a little harder to access what fails.

Likely your problem is a failed thermal fuse or possibly a failed heat element. Both easily replaced once you access the the internals of the unit.

How “electrically” and “mechanically” competent are you?
Fairly competent & willing to give it a go. Esp. with the challenges we've had finding mobile service.
Is there a protocol I can follow?
Thx!
Old 11-30-2022, 10:19 AM   #4

There are tons of vids online maybe not exact model but similar way the cabinet is assembled . Parts on eBay from competent sellers. My local appliance parts store it outrageous. You should replace the limit switches and thermal fuse together. You may find whole heating element assembly just a bit more than a few parts.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 01:59 PM   #5

153stars is right - I’ll only add Amazon to the list.

IF the dryer vent has been plugged at any time in the past I can assure you that one or more of the items mentioned have failed.

First, you need a volt/ohm meter. And having a service manual for the unit can be helpful to both tell you how to access the various components, what they look like, and possibly how to test.

You also want to look at all wire connections for traces of burning or overheating. Make repairs to or replace any that are in need of repair (even if not the problem).

YouTube videos can be helpful for sure IF one can be found for your dryer.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:55 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have been searching unsuccessfully for hours (on 'permanent Whirlpool hold') to find an accurate diagram showing the location of the 'thermal fuse' and/or the 'heating element', as from reading either or both may be bad & can be simply tested.
I would like to know if these are front, top, or back located before I disassemble the box, which looks to be a fairly simple process. Does anyone have experience and recommendations for this project? Removing the stack looks fairly straightforward, but there is not notation as to how the vent & water supply/drain are attached, which will be important to plan re-assembly. I was able to find this, but more detail is preferred.

BASIC INSTRUCTIONS FOR REMOVING A WHIRLPOOL STACKED FRONT LOADING WASHER AND COMPACT ELECTRIC DRYER
https://newgle.newmarcorp.com/s/arti...-and-WED7500VW

Has anyone removed this stack, or watched an appliance service perform this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as mobile appliance service inside an RV is tough to find.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:02 AM   #7

Your link requires a login (or did for me).

You can go to Searspartsdirect.com and download a general user manual as well as see an explod3d view of the unit.

You can go to https://www.appliancepartspros.com/r...ough-heat.html and see various videos of servicing your unit and order parts.

And a company I really like for parts - https://www.reliableparts.com/lookup/225970
Old 12-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #8

There will be a diagram somewhere in or on the dryer. You can Take a pic to blow it up on your phone. The fuse ,high limit and element is simple continuity check. Again consult some utube vids. You will find big main makers Whirlpool Maytag ect. will made assembled very similar and may even have same parts in this case for 120v stack.
The reason I say eBay the high volume appliance parts seller will double check your parts or do a look up , if your in question.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, heat