Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2022, 08:21 PM   #1

Question Norco BAL Accu Slide Motor is loose

My slide out motor and gear box assembly has become very loose. At least two mounting screws have worked themselves out and have been lost. I have tried to tighten the mounting screws; but they aren't grabbing. It seems the manufacturer did not include any backing during the building of the trailer. To correct the loose motor issue I have tried to mount a backing of 3/4" plywood behind the slide out motor and gear box. The motor assembly is now secure: but the 3/4" I added limits how far open the slide can be. (Stupid.) Later I discovered the gear box has been leaking oil. Now I want to replace the whole assembly. Is it reasonable to possibly add a 1/4" metal plate long enough to span over framing members of the trailer to secure the gear box? I am thinking of using machine screws to attach the gear box plate to the metal backing plate I add, then find "studs" to screw that plate to the trailer wall. Any ideas and/or suggestions would help. Thanks!

2020 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 1750RK
mikeyover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
slide, motor, slide motor