Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #1

Norcold 1200 no co

I have the dreaded no co code. AU AC no co.
What are the troubleshooting steps?
AccessMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Check for 12VDC to the control board

Check the 12VDC fuse on the control board.

Check for 120VAC out of the control board to the heating elements.

Check the 120VAC fuse on the control board

Check the resistance of each heating element while disconnected from the control board. Should be about 63 ohms.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Is the red light on the recall box illuminated ? Do you smell ammonia or see yellow stains on the coils in rear of unit ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #4

If you have a 'No Co' displayed then you have DC
Recall Box does NOT trigger a 'NoCo' error code ---it shuts down ALL DC to fridge

Cooling monitoring system has detected 'No Cooling' and has locked out the circuit board functions

1st time getting that error code........can be reset by turning fridge OFF then back ON and allow it to start cooling

IF no cooling is again detected then you will get the 'NoCo' error again at which time you will have to do a HARD Rest of circuit board

Hard Reset method is dependent on fridge production number
Good Info provided at APR website with links.
https://www.arprv.com/no-co-norcold.php

Pre 2006....16 pin connector

Newer Circuit Bd with 6 pin connector
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #5

I was able to reset the control board. I was able to restart the unit until the recall box led started flashing. I cannot get it to stop and the unit will not restart. Now what?
Old 11-18-2018, 11:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessMaster View Post
I was able to reset the control board. I was able to restart the unit until the recall box led started flashing. I cannot get it to stop and the unit will not restart. Now what?

RED light ON....Recall Box has tripped
RED Light flashing
Slow Flash/1x per second....Low DC Voltage
Fast Flash/2x-3x per second...Temp Sensor not connected, has an open circuit etc

See more detailed info in following link
https://www.arprv.com/troubleshoot-norcold-recall.php
Old 11-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessMaster View Post
There have been 3 revisions to the Norcold recall box, check with an RV service center to see if yours is the latest recall.
The home-remedy to reset the "non-resettable" Norcold recall box is explained in that link.
I do not recommend doing that due the danger and consequences of a frig fire.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
There have been 3 revisions to the Norcold recall box, check with an RV service center to see if yours is the latest recall.
The home-remedy to reset the "non-resettable" Norcold recall box is explained in that link.
I do not recommend doing that due the danger and consequences of a frig fire.

REV 'E' is the lastest and current revision
You can look thru the open slot and see the REV

Regardless of REV......if Recall BOx has failed you have to contact a Norcold authorized service for replacement.
They have to test it and replace it due to it being a 'safety device'
Old 11-22-2018, 07:22 AM   #9

Thanks everyone for your input. After reading about all the problems and fires together with the fact that the local RV Service center who replaced the control board two years ago will no longer work on the Norcold due to the many law suits, we decided it is time to change it out for the Samsung. We had a really good run with it, but the last couple of years have been pretty strange. I now realize we have been pretty lucky compared to some. Thanks again.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:41 AM   #10

We replaced the Norcold too

We just did that replacement. But there is another option than the Samsung. We chose the GE GWE19JG counter depth french door model instead. It's a 1/2 inch shorter and the Samsung's get lots of bad reviews. The GE is more money but it may be worth it in the long run.

I am sorry no matter what I do to flip thei photo before posting it ends up sideways anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0254.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	226813  
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:09 AM   #11
Commercial Member

the only real repair for a norcold refrig is to replace it, with a residential unit, or replace the cooling unit and control board. i used a pine cooling unit with a dinosaur board.
it now works like a real refrigerator, not a money pit.
norcold has never been able to repair the 1200. the recalls just shut it off if it get too hot. to me, thats not a repair.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:39 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've pretty much decided that the next time mine has a problem, I'm going to replace the cooling unit with JC Refrigeration's residential cooling unit. That way I keep my Norcold box that fits the coach properly and I don't have to do any carpentry. The Samsung and all other french door units are too tall to fit. Many others are too deep.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
I've pretty much decided that the next time mine has a problem, I'm going to replace the cooling unit with JC Refrigeration's residential cooling unit. That way I keep my Norcold box that fits the coach properly and I don't have to do any carpentry. The Samsung and all other french door units are too tall to fit. Many others are too deep.

jt

We replaced ours with his absorption unit. No regrets. I had to call JR a few days later and tell him we had a problem. My beer was now too cold. ;-)
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM251ss View Post
We just did that replacement. But there is another option than the Samsung. We chose the GE GWE19JG counter depth french door model instead. It's a 1/2 inch shorter and the Samsung's get lots of bad reviews. The GE is more money but it may be worth it in the long run.

I am sorry no matter what I do to flip thei photo before posting it ends up sideways anyway.
Someone here told me how to turn a picture. Apparently there is an identifier in one corner of the picture, in the metadata, so no matter how you turn/flip your picture that identifier returns it to how it was taken.. I was told to download XNVIEW program, which has the capability to move that corner identifier. I'm not good using this program but learning more with each use.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold