Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #1

Norcold 1200lrim issues

Hello all have a 2001 Monaco with the Norfolk 1200lrim fridge..been doing great..sent the wife to switch it to LP from generator as we were moving. As he ask how to tell if it had switched of course big mouth here said"just look at the display"...went downhill from there of course.was no display..had been on road bout 2 hrs and was working when we left..when we got to site checked simple stuff...fuses and what not..sure enough no display...did notice when I disconnected from 12 v power then reconnected the big red light on the power board..(think that what it is) would pop on after about 5 secs or so along with a buzz.any ideas where to start...and is there a reset of sorts on this unit...tia
Boatman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2020, 01:26 PM   #2

Your fridge has the RECALL Box (small black box with RED LED)
That RED LED being ON means the High-High Temp Switch on burner stack has tripped which cuts ALL DC to fridge circuit board

Now it could be REAL (trips at 7008F from overheating the coolant)
Could be bad temp switch
Could be 'glitch'

So 1st thing is to visually inspect burner area for any Yellowish Residue (or any yellowish residue anywhere on cooling unit)
If you see any.......STOP
Do Not handle/breathe that dust/residue it is toxic...Means cooling unit has LEAKED. Residue should be cleaned up WET

No Yellowish residue, no ammonia smell
That RECALL Box can be reset....uses a reed type switch
Strong Magnet placed on Face near top and slowly moved back/forth can reset that reed switch and allow DC to fridge

Then monitor fridge functions...if it trips again
DONE...do not reset. Cooling Unit is blocked. (DOA)

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:18 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
When my fridge stopped and the red light came on the black box I reset it and it ran for another day and then quit. Went and check the black box again and there was a yellow dust covering the bottom of the compartment. The fridge had failed

Good riddins, I replaced with a residential.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #4

Tks guys,will ckthose. This afternoon
Old 09-22-2020, 04:10 PM   #5

Tks Mr biscuit.when we bought the coach 2 yrs ago there was another "recall box" in one of the kitchen drawers .didnt even know what it was at the time but being a packrat didn't toss it out...tried it out before I tried. The rested trick u told me about..instead of the led and a buzzing noise this just had the led flashing....the magnet did the trick as you said..that restored the DC back to the panel inside....only had a few minutes to tell if cooling or not so I turned off and will start fresh in the morning..progress has been made and wanted to tell you tks again for taking the time to answer my question...may bug ya with a goofy question or 2 but I'll be gentle...lol
Old 09-22-2020, 04:24 PM   #6

Replacement may be in the cards hope not but maybe...tks again sir
Old 09-22-2020, 04:26 PM   #7

LED is a Clue to issue
FAULTS:
Solid RED LED --- hi-hi temp sensor has tripped (Open.so NO DC to fridge)
Slow Flashing RED LED ---DC Voltage Supply LOW (1X per second) *9.5VDC or lower
Fast Flashing RED LED ---sensor wires not connected/bad wiring to Recall Box (2-3X per second) *Unplug sensor wires from box...install jumper between the 2 terminals --- light stops flashing/bad sensor wire connections-harness
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:12 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
If you end up needing it, I just had my Norcold 1200LRIM updated with the Amish cooling unit from JC Refrigeration and it's working better than ever!
Old 09-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #9

Thank you for the info

Tags
norcold