Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
NXR

Norcold 1210 goes WHOMP on propane and...

usually won't light even if I turn the power off and back on.

But if I remove the bottom outside vent cover and slide the little metal viewing door to Open it lights immediately on the next try.

We had it back to the dealer once because it would not light on propane unless you tried repeatedly and they cleaned a lot of junk and sawdust out of the burner. I'd like to point them in the right direction on our next visit.

The WHOMP can happen a few times and it kind of sounds like it's lighting off and immediately blowing itself out.

Thanks,

Ray
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2019, 04:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
usually won't light even if I turn the power off and back on.

But if I remove the bottom outside vent cover and slide the little metal viewing door to Open it lights immediately on the next try.

We had it back to the dealer once because it would not light on propane unless you tried repeatedly and they cleaned a lot of junk and sawdust out of the burner. I'd like to point them in the right direction on our next visit.

The WHOMP can happen a few times and it kind of sounds like it's lighting off and immediately blowing itself out.

Thanks,

Ray

Spark Electrode
Spark GAP ---- 1/8" to 3/16"
(Too narrow/too wide causes ignition issues)
Spark Electrode ----MUST be centered over burner slots and ENGULFED in flame when it lights off

Gas orifice...must be clean and positioned so the gas flow streams directly into center of burner tube
*Clean by soaking in alcohol/air dry
**NO POKING anything thru the hole

Burner...all slots CLEAR (no rust)
Burner Tube......clean/spider webs WILL disrupt gas stream

***LP System is only 0.4 psi so doesn't take much to disrupt/interfer with air/fuel ratio (11"WC)
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:21 AM   #3
NXR

Thanks for the prompt reply. I know they've checked the pressure twice, once at the PDI and when we reported the previous problem, because I was there. At least that narrows it down a bit.

Ray

Tags
norcold, propane