Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2017, 01:21 AM   #15

If it's cycling on ac but not on gas something is keeping the heat from the flame from transferring to the boiler tube. Clean the flue and the soot off the boiler tube. Make sure the flue is vented to the top vent. If not the heat can build up behind the fridge keeping it from moving the heat from the coil to the outside making everything work harder.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #16

It is cycling on both and the temp is good in the fridge however the flame burns constantly. I cleaned the flue and sparked/flame sensor. I am allowing to fun for 3 days on temp 7 and then turning the temp to 2 on take 3rd morning to see if the flame goes out. It it stays lit I believe the board is faulty.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:55 AM   #17

I replaced the propane regulator and that helped. It did cycle off when set to temp 2 after 3 days at 7. There was ice on the fins and the propane ran non stop the entire. Not happy with the flame burning the entire time. Prior to this years use it cycled just like when it was on electric. I am inclined to believe the board is not functioning properly.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvgorby View Post
I replaced the propane regulator and that helped. It did cycle off when set to temp 2 after 3 days at 7. There was ice on the fins and the propane ran non stop the entire. Not happy with the flame burning the entire time. Prior to this years use it cycled just like when it was on electric. I am inclined to believe the board is not functioning properly.

On another forum, this person posted a control board for sale:

johnluigi2000@yahoo.com

Tags
norcold, propane