Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #57

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
KZ RV Club
Janet, thanks for passing this on. And to be fair, props to Norcold for trying to reach as big an audience as possible for this recall. All to often these things are rolled out quietly, and the companies hope to keep out of the public eye.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpDave View Post
Janet, thanks for passing this on. And to be fair, props to Norcold for trying to reach as big an audience as possible for this recall. All to often these things are rolled out quietly, and the companies hope to keep out of the public eye.
The first recall WAS years ago....the lawsuit gave them cause to make it really public. I'm not at all impressed with Norcold or Thetford
Old 01-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #59

What's new here? I did not see a date on the recall, but isn't this the one from over two years ago, or did I miss something?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So now I'm confused. This looks like the same link and recall information that has been available for sometime now. When I called Norcold in Sep to be sure I was current with my new to me '08 - we ran through the serial numbers and confirmed I had the latest recall fix.

You indicated you were asked to help get the word out so i assume there is no new fix or recall. But just in case - is this a new Recall since September or the same one? I'm also wondering why they called you and not me. When I spoke to them in Sept I "registered" with address, phone number, etc.

I know you're being helpful but now I feel like I need to call them again. Bottom line - the thing has to go and will soon but in the meantime it's an issue.

I've posted this before but it's the yellow tag they said accompanies the last recall fix as of Sep '12. But don't take my word for it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2503279361.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	465.4 KB
ID:	31316

Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #61

I have the 2 door Norcold in my 2013 RV and was wondering about its fate. Looks like I lucked out as the recall only goes to 2010 models. May check the model numbers also, just to be sure. How can Norcold survive this? The cost for repairs and pending lawsuits has to be extremely high.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #62

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE
I have the 2 door Norcold in my 2013 RV and was wondering about its fate. Looks like I lucked out as the recall only goes to 2010 models. May check the model numbers also, just to be sure. How can Norcold survive this? The cost for repairs and pending lawsuits has to be extremely high.
Unless something has changed they aren't repairing anything. The have a bunch of $ 2 80 thermistors with a red light accompanied by a yellow tag - and it takes a dealer 15 minutes to put it in. The dealer may or may not charge Norcold to do it - the spider has you in their web and will probably bite ya twice before you leave the shop. As for surviving the lawsuit - gotta be found guilty first. There are folks here that still have them - me - working fine - no fire (knock on wood) and some have had them for years. I think they are guilty - but court is a funny place. That's why I try to stay away from it and lawyers if at all possible.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #63
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Nothing has changed since I had posted this original thread back in 2007, Norcold still only replaces the now vision "F" of the recalls and some people have filed a law suite because of a fire.
The many number of threads in this group have appeared on Google every time there is a new post but there are still people unaware of the recalls.
ALL NORCOLDS 1997 thru 2013 are in the recall both 2 DOOR & the 4 DOOR 1200's series.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 01-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #64

Country Coach Owners Club
There is no date or number on this recall nor are they posted on the Norcold website. Is this something new we have to do or is it a rehash of the one a few years ago.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #65
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Read the link nothing has been added just that they are up to version "F" because the recalls keep failing.
If you have the latest your OK its just not reliable.
Your tag should be similar.

Even with the latest recall check your fridge.

If you decide to do nothing than this maybe the result.

This is the original recall if you read it you will find that from 1987 Norcolds have been put on recall long before 1200's showed up.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #66

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Dometic

This thread stated Norcolds & Dometic Recalls, I don't see anything about the Dometic fridges??? I know mine doesn't work very well on Electric, But then again its a 82, anybody know if I got a Pass on this one? No recalls on the Dometic? Fridges.
Thank you, Tim
Old 04-10-2013, 05:00 AM   #67
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If your fridge from 82 coach was never changed than you maybe OK but click on the Dometic recall link and follow instructions.
Your date is below 1997.
The electric element may need to be changed because of the electric heating problem.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #68
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Seeing as they maybe viewing us I have posted this maybe we will hear some better results, but I would not hold my breath.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #69

Smile Dometic refrig

We are new to rv , just bought mother 2004 keystone cougar. Have it hooked to 110 electric an no gas. Light on frig says check and doesn't cool 。must we hook to gas first. Please help
Old 08-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #70
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forums of irv2.
It would be easier when you have a question to start a new thread found in upper left hand corner of forum your in, I just happened to notice this question by you they tend to get not answered attached to a older thread.
Need to know what model and who made your fridge, quick answer is with you MODE button place fridge on AUTO control and control board will select whats available.
The LP valve needs to be opened and you have a valve on gas line entering the fridge that needs to be opened.
Closed Thread

Tags
dometic, norcold, recall, service