Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2022, 09:26 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Norcold error code

I was testing out the fridge on the weekend (Norcold 1210), and when I started it up on auto mode I would get a Sr error code. I was able to get it to work on just AC mode with the generator running, but it would always show the error code when I tried it on the propane (on either the auto or just LP mode).

Since the manual just says it's not an owner serviceable code, a little more internet digging and I see that the code appears to be a flame sense failure.

Is there something easy and obvious I am missing here? Is there a easy fix without trying to find the "clean power" and all that more technical troubleshooting? We are camping this weekend, and I really don't want to have to run the generator all the time just to keep the fridge cold. We will have shore power at the campground, but I wasn't able to double check that it will keep the fridge on without the error. I can do that when I bring the MH home from the storage yard before we leave, but that will be leaving it rather last minute to correct any issues that may pop up. I am guessing that if the AC mode works on the generator, then it will also work on shore power.
The Ward Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2022, 12:51 PM   #2

Bottom line, if the generator powers the reefer, SP will too.

This is what the error code spells out.
So if you are able too, check to see if it attempts to light, is there spark, is there propane, dirty orifice....

OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:58 PM   #3

Norcold 1210.........'Sr' error code
Flame Sensing CIRCUIT malfunction

Records in any operating mode when:
1) Problem in flame sensing circuit (on circuit board)
2) Gas valve drive circuit is present when it is NOT suppose to be
3) Gas valve drive circuit is NOT present when it is suppose to be
4) Internal Memory Fault

Only 'cure' is replacement of circuit board

Flame Sensing Circuit is different error code then No FL (no flame) which is No Flame/Flame Proving when on LP

Shore power available at CG you should be able to operate fridge in AUTO (on AC)....error code will be present but not affect AC function

1210 Series Service Manual
https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploa...354c6183de4ed9
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 01:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Sr - Flame Sensing CIRCUIT malfunction

Flame Sensing Circuit is different error code then No FL (no flame) which is No Flame/Flame Proving when on LP
I knew someone smarter would have the proper answer, something good to know.
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 10:49 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you for the info. I will have a little more time this weekend to play around. I mean, what else is there to do when you are camped out in the mountains? This will be our shakedown cruise, so the DW and I will both be learning a bit as we go. There are a few more things to get familiarized with in this machine compared to our little Class C...
Old 05-10-2022, 04:57 AM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Broke Gas Valve Wire

We had a customer have this same issue, the problem was the wire broke on the gas valve. Put your hand on the gas valve, does it click when the fridge is turned on?
This broken wire was under the insulation so one could not see it. By moving the wire it would make and break connection.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:42 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Norcold error code

So the fridge worked fine on shore power over the weekend. I dropped it off at the dealership Monday on our way back into the city, and they troubleshot it today. They ended up replacing the control board.
Old 05-17-2022, 06:37 PM   #8

YEP.....for SR error code
Only 'cure' is replacement of circuit board
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold