Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #1

Norcold L1 code

Fixing to head out for the holiday weekend and the Norcold craps out. Front panel flashing L1 code and recall box has a red light on. Any thought on how to bypass the box to get by for the 4th. The refrig lights also don't work. Norcold customer service no help, big surprise ey? I hate Norcold products. The unit is the dreaded 4 door LRM1200 unit. More than mad,,,,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
The code is for an overheat condition. There is a reset button in the back, between the two wires that go into the burner area. It looks like a pen top button.
HOWEVER, since it shut down because of overheating, reseting and trying to use the refrigerator could result in a FIRE.

I suggest you buy some bags of ice and use the refrigerator like an ice box for the weekend.

You might call the folks here:

RV Cooling Unit Warehouse

and see what they suggest.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #3

Reset

After inspecting the unit, I decided to reset the recall box. Magnet didn't work so I took the cover off the box. On the circuit board there was a thin plastic strip which had switch written on the circuit board. I took a wire and touched each end of the switch were it was soldered to the circuit board. Red light extinguished and it works on both elec and propane. I think I got an overheat detection because I forgot to turn off the refrig during propane service, yes i know a no no.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I would still be VERY cautious and monitor the fridge VERY closely this holiday weekend!

With the Norcold POS you can never be TOO careful.

You would not want to be one more statistic.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I would still be VERY cautious and monitor the fridge VERY closely this holiday weekend!

With the Norcold POS you can never be TOO careful.

You would not want to be one more statistic.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Understand, but there are no tell tale signs that I have any problems. Still think the LP service created the problem. The recall box is still functional so I would hope that if there is a problem it will trip again. If it trips again I will not reset it.

Tags
norcold