Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2014, 05:22 AM   #1

Norcold N641 not shutting off?

My N641 is not shutting off. It is cooling great, but it has the fridge at 10F!! I Have a flashing "no" on display. I went thru daignostics and thermister temp said 10F which seems like it is working. Whether it is in LP or AC it wont shut off and I cant get the "no" code it clear using the #6 diag. screen or the jumper wire reset. I cant find anything for just "no", everything I find is the no cooling code "no co". Any advice would be appreciated!!
rickwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #2

Do you have an actual thermometer in there or are you going just off thermister reading?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #3

I am going off the thermister reading. I Know I should check w/ a thermometer, but there was frost on the fins in the back of the fridge near the thermister probe. Say if it is set on a 4-5 what temp should I expect? Secondly it thermister is reading 10f if should not be running I wouldnt think?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #4

4-5 temp setting nets 30*F or so in the box. Fins would be 25*F or so.

So it kind of sounds like the board is just not working right since it's obviously getting the right readings and interpreting them right.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #5

Ok. I had temp set at 9. I will try setting temp at 4 w/ a thermo inside. I am still puzzled with the flashing "no"... Is all the logic in the main circuit board? Is the display just buttons and a lcd?
Old 04-09-2014, 07:09 AM   #6

I check temp on a 3 and temp was 33. It is cycling off and on and seems to be working normal but i still have a "no" flashing. The board in it came out of a n641 w/ a single digit display. This fridge n641 has a 2 digit display. R the boards different for 1 or 2 digit displays?
Old 04-09-2014, 08:16 AM   #7

The boards possibly can be different. Did you match part numbers?
Old 04-10-2014, 03:59 AM   #8

I did not. The owner had a fridge w/ single digit display that cooling unit went out on. He bought a 2 digit display fridge w/ a good cooling unit and when he turned it on he determined board was bad on "good" fridge so he started swapping parts? I know it sounds like a mess!! I checked it last night. On 2 temp was 36F. On 3 temp inside fridge was 33F. It seems like all is working correct except it is flashing "no". Also when going thru diagnostic menu there is no "0" and some of the menus have segments lit that dont corrilate to the book.

Tags
norcold