Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2022, 02:07 PM   #1

Norcold n8xrt low dc error

Hello all, I am new to this site so I hope it goes great. We bought a new 2021 Entegra Odyssey model 24B last February. I have since driven it 4 times to Texas from Utah. Problem I have is the Norcold N8XRT refrigerator shuts down when I pull over to sleep in Walmarts parking lot. Dry camping of a sort and we are not hooked up to anything just full batteries and full propane. I am getting eight red flashing lights which indicates low DC voltage per the manual, again I will have 2/3 to full battery power. Any great suggestions? Besides taking back to the dealer. Been there 5 times now. Thanks in advance!!!
Kevin
GrizDogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2022, 02:16 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you stay at a full hookup site overnight does the problem go away for a day or two?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:20 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
First off, Welcome to IRV2!

Check your actual battery voltage when you are getting the error code. It may be below the operating voltage for the fridge which the manual says is 10.5 volts. The status LEDs don't give you accurate information.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:01 PM   #4

Thanks, before I head out on my trips my unit is plugged in an everything is fully charged. We will drive for about 10 hours and park overnight and that is when it shuts of with the error. It has done this on every trip we take. ( 4 trips this year) I can duplicate it but it takes about 1.5 hours unhooked to make it happen. I will check the voltage coming out after I make it fault out again. Both batteries are identical with 1 solar panel. Batteries are about 5 months old. Thanks I will let you know if the draw on the batteries drops.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:58 PM   #5

Issue isn't with fridge but with DC System/Battery Voltage

Sounds like 'house' battery voltage is not being maintained while driving
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 07:39 AM   #6

Thanks Old-biscuit, everything show I have a full charge I just need to put a meter on the battery to verify when it goes out, and not trust my light gauges. Going to try and reproduce it tonight. When the fridge goes out everything else in the couch runs fine, no dimming, heater working and water heater. Driving me crazy. I will let you all know what I find out tonight. Thanks again!!!
Old 04-12-2022, 04:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizDogz View Post
Thanks Old-biscuit, everything show I have a full charge I just need to put a meter on the battery to verify when it goes out, and not trust my light gauges. Going to try and reproduce it tonight. When the fridge goes out everything else in the couch runs fine, no dimming, heater working and water heater. Driving me crazy. I will let you all know what I find out tonight. Thanks again!!!
What did you find out?
Semperfi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi11 View Post
What did you find out?
I apologize for taking so long. After getting no help from the dealer I purchased it from (still under warranty) I did some searching on my own. I found I had full voltage at the rear of my coach but not at the fridge. I ran a new wire 16 gauge from the rear of the coach to the fridge and this solved my problem. I still have to back pull my old wire from the fridge and see if I can find where the wire is pinched or bad connection. I did clean all my ground connections to frame and that did not help. Probably helped but didnít solve the fridge issue. I did find 3 ground wires not hooked up at all. I did hook them up now. Thanks
Old 04-14-2022, 06:31 AM   #9

We appreciate the update. It is unfortuanate how poorly rvs are made. My 2021 Odyssey Entegra 24B was placed in service February 2021 and I bought it used July 2021. Thus far we have been very happy. It drives and build quality is better than my previous Class C 2015 Freedom Elite 28 H. My wife really like the Farmhouse white interior, increased storage and counter space. Callibrating the levelers seemed to help with adjustments. I had a local company add a spare tire underneath. Any suggestions on the shower head to change the erect angle, please let me know. The showers hot/cold lines were reversed, so I corrected them. A lot of under slide screws were missing, so I replaced about 12. The water filter location under the wardrobe is terrible, considering a by-pass. We took off the exterior tv to hook in a HDMI cable permanently for watching videos, etc. Jayco technicians have a few schematics that they can email you also. Chippers Island Adventure has some great videos on YouTube. Any other forums for 24B owners? Please share any other fixes or upgrades. Safe travels everyone! Ole
Semperfi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:28 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the update, glad to hear it's fixed!
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold