Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2021, 03:16 AM   #1

Norcold Refrigerator error no-ac

We have a 2005 Monaco Diplomat and 9 months ago we purchased and had anew Norcold refrigerator installed in our motorhome. Unfortunately, two days ago we got an error message “no-ac”. We can run the refrigerator on LP but not the generator our the house batteries. We have checked the outlet, gfi and fuse and they are fine. We contacted Campersworld to see if we can get it serviced under the warranty but they are booking a month out. Any recommendations or suggestions would be helpful.
RBOC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2021, 04:40 AM   #2

Just to double check, you took a meter to the 120v outlet the frig is plugged into and you have power there. You took the black cover off the back of the frig and check the two fuses on the control board.

I would call a mobile tech to come and look at it. Sometimes getting things fixed is more important than fixed under warrenty
be-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:00 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by be-happy View Post
Just to double check, you took a meter to the 120v outlet the frig is plugged into and you have power there. You took the black cover off the back of the frig and check the two fuses on the control board.

I would call a mobile tech to come and look at it. Sometimes getting things fixed is more important than fixed under warrenty
If the a/c outlet is good, maybe the 110v fuse on the circuit board. If not that, maybe the ac heater quit. You can bypass the circuit board and jumper the ac heater direct to ac power to see if the the problem is the circuit board or not.

Our Norcold started having intermittent problems and a circuit board change solved it.
Old 06-13-2021, 05:03 AM   #4

I hated my Norcold fridge in my 07 Ellipse.
If I ran it on auto, it would beep until I switched it to gas or Electric.
Never got cool enough.
I just hated it

My old 2004 Southwind had a smaller Dometic and it was really cold all the time.

My Samsung residential in my 2020 is truly amazing.
Never going back to absorption fridge.
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 11:58 AM   #5

I am going to take the black panel off and according to the owners manual there are two fuses, one is 5 amp and one is 8 amps. Are they the fuses you are referring too...
Old 06-13-2021, 12:18 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBOC77 View Post
I am going to take the black panel off and according to the owners manual there are two fuses, one is 5 amp and one is 8 amps. Are they the fuses you are referring too...
Yes. The plug in one is 12v and the clear glass round one is 110v, i don’t recall the average of the 110v fuse but 8 amp sounds close. The 12v one is 5 amp I seem to remember.
Old 06-13-2021, 02:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelesley View Post
Yes. The plug in one is 12v and the clear glass round one is 110v, i don’t recall the average of the 110v fuse but 8 amp sounds close. The 12v one is 5 amp I seem to remember.
It was a bad fuse, the round clear glass fuse was blown. No for another issue. The igniter will not light the gas I suspect there is air in the line. Any recommendations on how to bleed the line? Rich
Old 06-13-2021, 03:35 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
It was a bad fuse, the round clear glass fuse was blown. No for another issue. The igniter will not light the gas I suspect there is air in the line. Any recommendations on how to bleed the line? Rich
We turn on a burner and let it go for a bit then try fridge.
Old 06-13-2021, 04:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelesley View Post
We turn on a burner and let it go for a bit then try fridge.
We turned on all the burners on the stove plus the furnace and then the refrigerator and it did not light.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:21 PM   #10

Quote:
We turned on all the burners on the stove plus the furnace and then the refrigerator and it did not light.
Might have to try it several times in order to get full pressure/flow at the gas valve for fridge

Course that is IF the Spark Electrode Is Firing...CLICK, CLICK, CLICK

the 8A Glass Fuse is just for the AC Circuit/Heater Elements
The 5A Blade Fuse is for the DC circuits...circuit board/controls/display/interior light and triggers the AC Relay for the elements
**5A Blade fuse has to be good otherwise NO fridge functions period
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Might have to try it several times in order to get full pressure/flow at the gas valve for fridge

Course that is IF the Spark Electrode Is Firing...CLICK, CLICK, CLICK

the 8A Glass Fuse is just for the AC Circuit/Heater Elements
The 5A Blade Fuse is for the DC circuits...circuit board/controls/display/interior light and triggers the AC Relay for the elements
**5A Blade fuse has to be good otherwise NO fridge functions period
We replaced both fuses and we are operational for ac and gen. We are still trying to get the LP to fire up and I can see the spark electrode is firing but not lightening the propane. We will continue to bleed the line with the stove.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:29 AM   #12

Quote:
We replaced both fuses and we are operational for ac and gen. We are still trying to get the LP to fire up and I can see the spark electrode is firing but not lightening the propane. We will continue to bleed the line with the stove.
Are you getting a 'No Fl' error?

Need to check that the gas valve solenoid is getting 12VDC at the same time spark electrode if firing
*and that the ground is clean tight for solenoid

Also check that the spark electrode is positioned directly over the burner slot and the gap is 1/8" - 3/16"

You can use a BBQ Lighter to see if burner will light off....
Could be gas valve is opening but orifice/burner assembly are obstructed ---- spider webs will really mess up gas/air mixing

Suspect that from error code you have a Norcold 1200
See pg 10
https://www.thetford.com/wp-content/...68C_022707.pdf

If not 1200....post the correct model!
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Are you getting a 'No Fl' error?

Need to check that the gas valve solenoid is getting 12VDC at the same time spark electrode if firing
*and that the ground is clean tight for solenoid

Also check that the spark electrode is positioned directly over the burner slot and the gap is 1/8" - 3/16"

You can use a BBQ Lighter to see if burner will light off....
Could be gas valve is opening but orifice/burner assembly are obstructed ---- spider webs will really mess up gas/air mixing

Suspect that from error code you have a Norcold 1200
See pg 10
https://www.thetford.com/wp-content/...68C_022707.pdf

If not 1200....post the correct model!
We have a Norcold 1210M model. It is on AC no error code but will not get cold. I have checked the burner area for dirt and spider webs and then used an air compressor and blew out the area. This is getting worse.
Old 06-14-2021, 02:34 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
We have a Norcold 1210M model. It is on AC no error code but will not get cold. I have checked the burner area for dirt and spider webs and then used an air compressor and blew out the area. This is getting worse.
Your symptoms are similar to what we had a few years ago. We blew the 12v fuse which I wondered about since fuses do not normally blow for no reason, would not get cold sometimes, sometimes hard to get lit on propane, sometimes not. I checked the inside thermistor and it was good. Finally put in a new circuit board and that fix it. Can’t guarantee that is your problem but if the thermistor checks good and all else looks good, might be worth a shot. Amazon had ours cheaper than anyone else

Tags
norcold, refrigerator