Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2022, 09:59 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oasis Heating System - Couple of Questions

2019 Newmar Mountain Aire 4515

"Dummy Here" cannot figure out why my Oasis Heating (Modular Hydronic System) isn't "kicking in" when temperatures fall below the level when our heat pump systems drop out during cold weather.

At control panel (front of coach) - see "blue flame" icon but only for the rear bathroom and its fan is running; however, the bedroom, kitchen, and living room there is no blue flame icon on the control panel and no heat/or fan are engaging....this occurs as mentioned at temps around 32-28 degrees F (approximately), when the oasis should "kick in"

No fault lights showing on the Modular Hydronic Heating System panel and green lights on the Oasis System.

Unable to locate the fuse panel for the Oasis to see if a fuse has failed or needs to be reset.

Appreciate any help the group might recommend
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oasis.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	356312   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oasis Heating 1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	356313  

bhager is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2022, 04:25 PM   #2
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhager View Post
2019 Newmar Mountain Aire 4515

"Dummy Here" cannot figure out why my Oasis Heating (Modular Hydronic System) isn't "kicking in" when temperatures fall below the level when our heat pump systems drop out during cold weather.

At control panel (front of coach) - see "blue flame" icon but only for the rear bathroom and its fan is running; however, the bedroom, kitchen, and living room there is no blue flame icon on the control panel and no heat/or fan are engaging....this occurs as mentioned at temps around 32-28 degrees F (approximately), when the oasis should "kick in"

No fault lights showing on the Modular Hydronic Heating System panel and green lights on the Oasis System.

Unable to locate the fuse panel for the Oasis to see if a fuse has failed or needs to be reset.

Appreciate any help the group might recommend
Good evening,
On your silverleaf under climate settings there is a setting for heat source. The options are primary only secondary only, auto, or both. For the silverleaf to control this the way you are describing it can be set on auto. Silverleaf changed the screen layout on recent versions so the nomenclature may be different on newer models in the way that instead of primary and secondary they may say oasis and heat pump. It is also worth mentioning primary is heat pump, secondary is oasis. Let me know if this helps, if not feel free to give me a call and I would love to walk you through some quick troubleshooting to see if we can save you a trip to a repair facility. 770-628-5966
Thanks
Justin
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
Director of Training 770-628-5966
Justin Townley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:33 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks - will call

Justin, Thanks!

I'll give you a call on Monday to not interrupt your enjoyment of the Super Bowl.

We purchased our Mountain Aire from NIRVC, Las Vegas but don't have a current technical contact that I thought I could contact about this.

Greatly appreciate you responding and look forward to speaking with you.

Again, thanks for offering to help me out. Some of these things don't come easy and appreciate expert advice/help.

Vr
Butch
Old 02-15-2022, 09:47 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Problem Solved / Settings were not properly set at Silverleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Townley View Post
Good evening,
On your silverleaf under climate settings there is a setting for heat source. The options are primary only secondary only, auto, or both. For the silverleaf to control this the way you are describing it can be set on auto. Silverleaf changed the screen layout on recent versions so the nomenclature may be different on newer models in the way that instead of primary and secondary they may say oasis and heat pump. It is also worth mentioning primary is heat pump, secondary is oasis. Let me know if this helps, if not feel free to give me a call and I would love to walk you through some quick troubleshooting to see if we can save you a trip to a repair facility. 770-628-5966
Thanks
Justin

Justin,

Many Thanks! Appreciate you taking the time and interest to guide me through this situation.

Ironically, while at Newmar Factory Service, this past fall, the service technician "accidently" placed the Oasis System into "primary only" mode on the climate setting.

Based on your explanation and guidance, the silverleaf should have been set in either automatic or secondary only as well as I failed to have the "burner" enabled to have use of the oasis heating when the heat pump system cuts out at lower temperatures.

Your explanation and guidance on the phone were precise and easily understood. My compliments to you taking your valuable time to help me resolve this need.

Attached are screen shots of the silverleaf showing the prior setting and now the correct setting to ensure we have heat when temperatures fall below the capability of the heat pump. Furthermore, I liked your explanation concerning the loudness of the heat pump when it is "trying" to maintain heat below temperatures it normally operates. Furthermore, we like a "colder" bedroom temperature vs keeping the living room and kitchen area warm for our two Chartreux Cats, otherwise, they will fuss when they get cold.

Again, greatly appreciate you and NIRVC's commitment to your customers but more to being there when "we" (customers) have questions and need assistance.

Vr
Butch
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2022, 10:35 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Justin,

Again, appreciate your help and insight to my initial "challenge" on Heating. Realized that after your insights that the Silverleaf was only set to "Primary Only", thus, it needed to be changed to "auto" to provide heat regardless of the temp range.

Below is my latest headache. Just posted this to the forum and then thought of you. Talked with Mary (Newmar Service After Hours), she asked me to call back tomorrow that she thought it may be a Silverleaf setting. Being the impatient one, thought to reach out to you and see if you had any thoughts. Please see below. Thanks: Butch

2019 Mountain Aire - Chassis Battery Charging Help Request

Currently in an RV park and on shore power (50 amp)

My two chassis batteries voltage fell below 11 v (on the silverleaf) and RV would not start.

Chassis Batteries were dated 10/2018.

Tried to charge batteries, which took charge, but battery charger reported that the battery "needed to be checked" due to faulty cells. Replaced both batteries

Also replaced the Battery Isolation Solenoid (Newmar part 140045) Solenoid w/TVS 14v Bat Isolation based on a fellow camper's recommendation

After one day, silverleaf reporting batteries at 12.4 volts, while house batteries are reporting at 13.7v.

Silverleaf is still displaying the "Yellow" charging symbol.

Talked with Newmar Customer Service understood that House and Chassis Batteries should both be reflecting around 13 volts.

What am I missing? Read IRV2 threads about charging systems and keep seeing references to the BIRD.

Is there something more I need to do?. Are there fuses that I'm not aware of that may be a problem? Concerned that voltage will drop on Chassis Batteries.

Didn't know the Chassis Batteries power the front sun and night shades plus it also powers the power locks for coach and bay doors.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Tags
heat, heating, oasis