Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You will probably need one or have to use at the old one just because that is what the fuel line hooks up to (and probably why the clear one you installed is clean). I would strongly suggest getting a new one while you are changing the pump.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2015, 10:57 PM   #30

Well it looks like I need to order 1 more thing. I guess there is nothing wrong with 2 fuel filters.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:37 PM   #31

So I ran my gen today and it turned off. I was watching it as it was starting to die and I noticed that there was no fuel inside the fuel filter. Glad I had a clear filter or else I wouldn't of seen that. So now I know its a fuel issue not a over heating issue. So hopefully the new filter and pump fixes my problem. If it doesn't I guess i'll be taking it in for service cause I really don't want to get into taking this thing out and working on it. Lucky for me I always carry my extra old faithful gen that never stops running. Maybe I should rip out the onan and toss this old gen in its place since it never fails me.

I will let you know the outcome of the new parts so that if anyone else ever has this problem like a couple of other guys on here seem to have had also this will be another positive outcome from just replacing the filter and pump. Cause someone had once told me it might be the fuel pump but I thought it should either work or not no in-between. But I guess I was wrong for thinking that cause it seems like this is gonna be the problem with this gen since a few others have had the same issue. I dont see what else could really be the problem since there was no fuel in my filter, no fuel no run.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #32

"So now I know its a fuel issue not a over heating issue."

It stops sucking/drawing fuel when the fuel pump gets hot correct...runs ok when cool?
Old 10-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #33

Yes thats what it seems to look like like.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #34

Got all my parts in now I just have to wait for a hot day. The last few days have been cooler of course, so now I just wait for the hot days to come back to try it out or have to wait till I go camping Thanksgiving.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:41 AM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Was everything easy to change for you? Did you give it a short test run?
Old 10-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #36

I havent installed it but i looked under there and I should have it changed out in 10 min or less.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
How did things work out?
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #38

I got all the parts installed and we went camping this Thanksgiving and I ran the crap out of this gen. I probably ran about 15 gallons of fuel through it the whole time out. Not once did it give me a problem. I left all the doors closed and it ran perfect. Now I just need to test it in hot weather cause when we were out it never went above 50 degrees. But i'm pretty sure it will be fine with the new pump and filter. Thanks for all the help with this issue. I was thinking it was this but I really didn't want to waste money on something I wasn't 100% sure about.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #39

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad to hear it is working (so far), this seems to be the cure for almost everyone that describes the problem you had. So glad you didn't start making a bunch of modifications.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:17 PM   #40

I'm glad it was a simple cheap fix. I think it cost me under 100.00 for pump and filter. But I still wonder if a vent cutout in the door would help it out a lil bit. I really don't understand how this thing works in that lil space with just air coming in from the bottom and no other vents. You would think it would overheat with no airflow around it.

Tags
onan