Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2022, 07:42 AM   #1

Onan7500 temperature sending unit

My Onan is running about 3-5 minutes then shutting down. Oil is fine, fuel tank is full...........
Fault code is showing "3", then the secondary fault code is showing 24, Temperature not changing..........

Anyway, I have searched for two days and cannot find Onan part number 1930 318. One site says "no longer available"

Anybody know of a substitute or where to look ??????????

Thanks, Sonny
Sonny7thb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2022, 09:00 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Try this. says its oem
Old 09-11-2022, 10:55 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow...that's pretty wild. I wonder if one of the generic senders available at auto parts would fit and work? Good luck in your search. I couldn't find any either. Of course...that's the next part I will NEED shortly.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:24 AM   #4

Not sure how you found it, but thats it and its ordered. Thank you very much for the link
Sonny
Old 09-11-2022, 11:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKimball View Post
Wow...that's pretty wild. I wonder if one of the generic senders available at auto parts would fit and work? Good luck in your search. I couldn't find any either. Of course...that's the next part I will NEED shortly.
Well, Brian (DirtyDodge) sent me a link and its been ordered. So if you do need one, look at my thread in the motorhome general discussions, DirtyDodge left a link...........looks OEM
Old 09-11-2022, 11:32 AM   #6

Well, Brian (DirtyDodge) sent me a link and its been ordered. So if you do need one, look at my thread in the motorhome general discussions, DirtyDodge left a link...........looks OEM
Thanks Brian......
Sonny
Old 09-11-2022, 12:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny7thb View Post
My Onan is running about 3-5 minutes then shutting down. Oil is fine, fuel tank is full...........
Fault code is showing "3", then the secondary fault code is showing 24, Temperature not changing..........

Anyway, I have searched for two days and cannot find Onan part number 1930 318. One site says "no longer available"

Anybody know of a substitute or where to look ??????????

Thanks, Sonny
I the temp is not changing, then it is a stuck thermostat.
BruceMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 02:11 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Not sure how you found it, but thats it and its ordered. Thank you very much for the link
Sonny
Good luck. Site says it ships IF in stock. Hopefully it is.
Old 09-11-2022, 02:24 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
You bet! Fingers crossed they have it
Old 09-12-2022, 05:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceMcc View Post
I the temp is not changing, then it is a stuck thermostat.
Thermostat not stuck. Unit is barely warm to the touch when it shuts off. Apparently, the ECM is supposed to detect some type of temperature change within the first five minutes, if it doesn't, it will shut the unit down.........
Old 09-27-2022, 09:54 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Brian......
Sonny
Sonny, did you receive the sender unit?
Old 09-29-2022, 03:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKimball View Post
Sonny, did you receive the sender unit?
Yes, but not from the link to the vendor. I waited a week for it to ship, called and they admitted they had no idea if/when they would be able to ship it. Canceled the order and they refunded my money within minutes. (kudos to them for that).

On Friday, I got on Cummins chat, got connected with an after-hours parts guy who searched and found one at a hub in Baltimore. Part ordered.
On Monday he called to tell me that he contacted the Baltimore hub, and they didn't have one to ship. He went on to say that he searched and found one at the hub in Yakima WA. He ordered it and I had it Wednesday. That is incredible customer service!!!!!!

So, I did get it, I pulled the genset out, changed the sending unit, thermostat, and fan belt while I had it out. Put it back in, changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter. Topped it off with anti freeze. ran it for a couple of hours with both AC's on. Took a short trip (1100 miles in 6 days) used it numerous times over the last 6 days and it performed flawlessly.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:00 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Happy to hear of your good fortune and success.
Sad though that there won’t be a source to order from
Thanks for the reply.

Tags
onan, temperature