Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2020, 08:45 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
One place for every thing

Centriq

I’ve been using a combination phone app (App Store and Google Play) and web based application for some time and have found it to be very useful. The application serves as a repository of information for your home or RV appliances. Simply take a photo of the ID plate of the appliance and upload it into the app. Within a few hours, the app will upload to your phone a variety of useful resources, including things like the owner’s manual, parts list, etc. From that point, those resources are available on your phone or computer. Basically, it turns your phone into the bag of books that came with your RV which contained all the owner’s manuals for the various appliances installed. Manuals for your TV’s, refrigerator, microwave, washer, dryer, dishwasher, inverter…all there in your phone.

Here’s a link to the Centriq website that gives a thorough description of the app: https://www.mycentriq.com/ and a few screen captures from my phone app. Or, here’s a link to a This Old House episode that features the app: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/storage...ganization-app

The appliances that I’ve placed into the app:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Centriq 1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	299947
The washer:

Name:	Centriq 2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	299948
Scroll down for more info:

Name:	Centriq 3.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	299949
Open the Use & Care Guide:

Name:	Centriq 4.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	299950
I find it much easier than digging through a bag of books. For appliances in your S&B, you can take a photo of a sales receipt for use as proof of purchase for warranty purposes.

Easy to get set up and quite handy, in my opinion (which I value highly).

Take care,
Stu
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2020, 07:40 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Check this out

OK, I know this is so wrong...but...I'm going to do it anyway. I'm replying to my own post, which is akin to having a conversation with oneself. Oh, well. Please forgive me.

When I clicked the "submit" button late on Saturday evening of Labor Day Weekend I knew that my original post would probably not receive many views. Somehow, as I finished my glass of scotch, it seemed like a good idea.

I've received several "thanks" for my original post, so I know that there are a few who saw it and agree that the concept described is worthwhile.

So, I'm posting this reply in an unabashed attempt to generate more views.

No, I don't have anything to do with the Centriq app or website beyond being a satisfied user.

Take care,
Stu
Old 09-10-2020, 08:27 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Your POST HAS some wonderful information on the APP and manuals being loaded or within reach very cool.

But as for DISTRIBUTION, I would like to suggest at anytime you can go under all post as the MAIN poster and EDIT TAGS, YOu can add more than 5-TAGS but 5-TAGS will give you some good coverage for folks doing searches for APPLIANCE MANUALS, and OH YES, make sure to use a comma. Here is a suggestion and examples:

TAGS: ((( Appliance, Manuals, Instructions, TIPS, RV Parts books, )))) and so all. Then when a search is performed BINGO so is your POSTED TIPS. Very cool and thanks.
Dogman635UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:50 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A good day...I learned something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman635UT View Post
But as for DISTRIBUTION, I would like to suggest at anytime you can go under all post as the MAIN poster and EDIT TAGS, YOu can add more than 5-TAGS but 5-TAGS will give you some good coverage for folks doing searches for APPLIANCE MANUALS, and OH YES, make sure to use a comma. Here is a suggestion and examples:
Done.

Being kind of new in this forum (only 10 years and a couple of thousand posts), I thought I knew my way around pretty well.

It turns out that I've been completely unaware of "Tags", how to use them and their benefit. Until today.

Thanks for the lesson!

Take care,
Stu
Old 09-10-2020, 11:52 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It looks like a decent app, but it requires an Internet connection.
I downloaded the app to my iPhone, entered a few appliances, and can access manuals, parts lists,etc.

When I disconnect from the Internet none of that information is available. That’s not so bad if you usually have a good connection, but we’re frequently in an area where the connection is not reliable. Local storage is cheap.
I also would avoid making this app the sole location of critical data like receipts and service records. If the app is discontinued access to that data may be lost.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:19 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
It looks like a decent app, but it requires an Internet connection.

I also would avoid making this app the sole location of critical data like receipts and service records. If the app is discontinued access to that data may be lost.
Both of those are, indeed, valid points.

I maintain the paper documentation (purchase verification, owner's manuals, etc.) in my coach. So, I don't use the app as a sole repository.

I have found the app useful when I'm not in the coach and have some reason to want to reference an owner's manual. As an example, I've used the app to determine the part number of a water filter for the refrigerator as I sat at home weeks before getting ready for an upcoming trip so that I could order and have it on hand when I retrieve the coach from storage.

Take care,
Stu

Tags
appliance, instructions, manuals, rv parts books, tips