Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 04:16 PM   #1

One port leaking water on dometic 300 toilet

This has me baffled. When we first set up the rv a few months ago, we had leaking water a lot thru the ports on our toilet. So I replaced the water valve and all was good. Now take in mind, the gasget in the bowl was bad and never held water. So I finally got around to replacing the gasket today. Holds water fine. I have one of the outlet ports at the top of the toilet looks to have a small steady stream of water coming out. The stream is about 1/8" wide. I've been watching it for about an hour but can't tell yet if the water in the bowl is rising. I'm gonna keep an eye on it but was wondering why one port would be leaking? Btw. I have an adjustable water valve and our supply and it only maxes out at 38psi. Not thinking it's a too much water pressure issue with that.
Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220525_170830.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	366574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220525-171011_Gallery.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	366575  

bsshog40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2022, 05:11 PM   #2

The only way water can enter the toilet bowl is via the water valve leaking thru/not fully closing

Per Dometic:
Due to integrated rim of
models 310, 311, 320 and 321 toilets, water may continue to trickle
into toilet bowl for up to 20 minutes after flushing.
If water trickle continues after 30 minutes, replace water valve.

New valve...check that pedal is returning to full closed position after flushing
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 05:51 PM   #3

Well it finally did stop. Had to have taken over an hour. I was watching a little spec on the side of the toiletvto see if the water was rising. Really didn't see much change. I'll have to keep an eye on it for a while. I guess if it bothers me too much, I'll change the valve again. Thanks Old-Biscuit!
Old 05-25-2022, 10:49 PM   #4

I had the same problem 2 years ago. After I changed a clogged water filter my pressure came back up to 55lbs (good shower again) and have not seen the toilet problem again.
Your 38lb pressure could be to low to help seat the valve
Old 05-26-2022, 06:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry B View Post
I had the same problem 2 years ago. After I changed a clogged water filter my pressure came back up to 55lbs (good shower again) and have not seen the toilet problem again.
Your 38lb pressure could be to low to help seat the valve
I never thought about pressure being too low. I have an external filter at my inlet. I just changed that less than 30 days ago. My water regulator is at the main hookup but the 38psi is all I can get from the main water supply.
bsshog40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, toilet, dometic