Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
2000 Pace Arrow Vision

I have a couple of electrical problems that are traced down to the DC power junction box located under the hood on the left side. This box contains the battery disconnect relays, numerous fuses, etc. The exterior is labeled RV Custom Products. I have been unable to locate this company.

I have asked Fleetwood for help and I only was able to get their generic wiring diagrams which do Not show the internal wiring for this box.

Has anyone got a wiring diagram for this box or might know who to contact, so I can get a wiring diagram for it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
rhkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
What kind of problems are you experienceing that have led you to this box. If you explain we can try to help you. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:35 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Two specific problems.
1. The aux start relay will not engage. This is the relay that ties the coach and chasis battery together. It is physically located in the power junction box mentioned earlier.
2. Coach battery disconnect relay, also located in the same power junction box. This relay has occassionally blown a 3 amp fuse which is also located in the power junction box. I replaced this fuse again, and now the relay will not dis-engage (fuse remains ok). I guess the good news is, when it did finally fail, at least the coach batteries are connected rather than disconnected.

I have checked the switch (double pole, double throw, center off) located above the entry door, which controls this relay and it checks ok. I am missing the piece on a wiring schematic on how this switch interfaces with the power junction box.

I tried again yesterday to get more info from Fleetwood on the internal's of this box. No luck yet.

Thanks for any help.
rhkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:37 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Have you check the grounds to gnd buss common to both relays or to the gnd post on chassis frame or gnd cable to frame. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:24 AM   #5

Problem # 1 - Find the relay's control circuit and troubleshoot it. It sounds like an open circuit, perhaps a blown control fuse or a bad ground connection or loose connection. Perhaps the Fleetwood wiring diagram can help you find this control circuit.

Problem # 2 - Sounds like the contacts of the relay may have "welded" shut. This could be determined by isolating the relay by disconnecting the wires and checking it with an ohm meter.

Paul
Old 05-19-2006, 05:38 PM   #6

rkhk,

I'm kinda late on this response and you have probably long ago fixed your problem but, if you are interested I have a "trouble shooting guide" for the control panel that is in my Pace Arrrow.

Mine is identified as a : F73-1020, CB - 115 Rev c by RV Custom products.

The print (esp on the schematics) is poor if you PM me maybe I can scan or fax it.

Roger
Roger Kneeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #7

did anybody get an anwser to problem # 2 i have a 32 southwind with the same problem both batteries staying connected
32vcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:38 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Fluteman... Let us know what your rig is. Make, model, year etc. You'll have a better chance at responses, especially if someone has the same rig as yours.

Go into your personal space and update your signature so all your posts will display this information.

The generator gets it's power to start from the coach batteries. If your familiar with a digital voltmeter, or even a DC test light, you should be able to follow the DC cables coming off the coach batteries to the starter on the generator. Make sure that circuit is okay. If this is okay then find the start switch for the generator and make sure it has DC. There's a start switch on the generator itself, so try it also and see if it starts.

My suggestions are only a starting point. More folks will chime in if you give us a bit more information.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:36 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Fluteman... yes I'd like the phone number. Also, do you know if they have a web site?
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #10

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Flair 34F that has just come down with the following illnesses.
-Aux starting not working
-Coach batteries on/off not working
-Slides not working.
And who knows what else

Anyway this all has been chased down to the main coach circuit board - which on my Flair is located in the right front outside compartment where the propane tank is also. My repairman has had no luck finding RV Custom Products who manufactured the board - F73-1020. So he just contacted Fleetwood and they said they have had some problems with this board and it would cause all the problems I am having. They have a replacement board they will sell (approx $125.00) that will take care of all these problems. Fleetwood is sending me one which should take approx 5 days..
Fleetwood has know about this for some time but I guess they didn't have enough complaints to do anything about it and are not willing to replace it for free.
If you need more info let me know via this blog.
Terry
TerryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Custom Products
14000 Ansen Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
562-921-8353
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:45 AM   #12

TerryD, I sent you a PM offering diagrams and troubleshooting guide but got no answer. Would like to have saved you some money.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by Onaqwest:
TerryD, I sent you a PM offering diagrams and troubleshooting guide but got no answer. Would like to have saved you some money.
Chuckww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #14

I saw by your post to Terry D that you have diagrams and troubleshooting guide on the control box F73-1020. I have a problem with the aux battery circuit connecting both batteries constantly. Tnx Chuckww
Chuckww is offline   Reply With Quote