Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2021, 01:17 PM   #1

Penguin II A/C Installation - Wiring

I'm replacing the 2nd zone AC unit on my 07 Newmar Mountian Aire.
I took off the Duo-Therm 630516.331 and am replacing it with a Penguin 651816HXX1C0-01 unit. I've confirmed this is the correct replacement for the original unit. I have a 5 button thermostat so I replaced the new Penguin circuit board with a conversion board.
The new Penguin unit has a six wire connector with a black, red, two yellow and two blue wires. Neither old AC or the RV have these wires. The only wires the RV has are the black/white/ground 110 wires, a thermostat sensor wire and two data cables.
Do I need to have the six wires connected for the unit to blow cold air?
Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2841.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	336850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2842.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	336851  

cjatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2021, 02:54 PM   #2

The black/white/green are incoming 120VAC power and go to a junction box inside the unit.

Was working with a guy yesterday on a similar situation - the 6 wire plug has 3 basic uses -

2 yellow - noted as “Load shed”
2 blue - noted as “Furnace”
Red - noted as “+12v”
Black - noted as “-12v”

All the above are optional add-on devices that the coach builder may or may not have used. If they are not there, then all will be good and the unit will work.
MrMark52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:28 PM   #3

Thank you Mark. Your explanation makes sense. My furnace operates off Zones 1 & 3. Zone 2 never had any furnace control.
So it appears none of the six are required for the cooling and heat pump functions on the unit itself?
Old 07-22-2021, 03:34 PM   #4

Is there any kind of conversion needed for the six wires or do I just let them remain in place?
Old 05-03-2022, 07:07 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
One of my replacement units had the same plug. I used the wiring from my old unit and tossed this harness in la basura.

Was a pretty easy job because the wires were all the same colors.

Tags
install, installation, wiring