Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2019, 08:23 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Power gear electric leveling system

I have a 2008 Fleetwood bounded diesel pusher and I can’t get the leveling jacks to work properly. I have been in contact with M&M RV electronic in Ohio. I sent my controller and key pad to them for repair. The tech said that my controller and key pad worked ok on the bench. When I got it back and hooked it up it was the same as before. I cleaned the sensors and tried the reset several times with no success. Has anyone else tried bypassing the controller and key pad with a toggle switch system?
Leary54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2019, 11:13 PM   #2

Power Gear parts and service manual
One thing that RV shop could not test is the ground; over 80% of 12V issues are the result of a poor/missing ground.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks
Old 08-08-2019, 10:09 PM   #4

You can download an app called “mylci”. They own powergear. I used this to troubleshoot and repair my electric powergear levelers on my ‘07 Fleetwood Bounder several times. Maybe a picture of your controller when on and a little more info and I might be able to help.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajfish View Post
You can download an app called “mylci”. They own powergear. I used this to troubleshoot and repair my electric powergear levelers on my ‘07 Fleetwood Bounder several times. Maybe a picture of your controller when on and a little more info and I might be able to help.
I have a 2008 Fleetwood with electric Power Gear jacks. Worked when I bought it a month ago. Auto leveled a few times successfully, went to install some snap pads and manually extended jacks now all hell has broken loose. Tested hall effect switches ok. Jacks move a little then error out. Seems to be a different error just about every tme. "Jacks down" light stays on even with 4 sensors testing good. Any help is appreciated. Jim
DuneBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:26 PM   #6

We had a similar issue last January with our Power Gear System.
After several hours of trying to trace the problem and replacing the electronic module, we found a 25 amp "in-line" fuse up high in the dash behind the speedometer.
This was not shown on any diagram.
Once replaced, all worked fine.
Fortunately, I was able to return the $400.00 module to Amazon.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:37 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneBound View Post
I have a 2008 Fleetwood with electric Power Gear jacks. Worked when I bought it a month ago. Auto leveled a few times successfully, went to install some snap pads and manually extended jacks now all hell has broken loose. Tested hall effect switches ok. Jacks move a little then error out. Seems to be a different error just about every tme. "Jacks down" light stays on even with 4 sensors testing good. Any help is appreciated. Jim

Hi Jim . I was wondering how you tested the sensors? Thanks Leary54
Old 08-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Leary54, did you ever get a chance to review the link I gave you in this thread ?

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/power...ml#post4859861

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leary54 View Post
Hi Jim . I was wondering how you tested the sensors? Thanks Leary54
At the control box there are 4 pin connectors that correspond with each leg. with legs all the way down or up they are supposed to test for bat voltage if you back probe the red and unique colored wire for each jack. initially 3 of 4 tested good then I retracted all jacks and all 4 tested good.

I'm frustrated as I keep getting results that don't make sense. error lights keep changing. Troubleshoot guide says I can apply 12v/gnd to test motors individually and when I do nothing, just a click like a relay.
DuneBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneBound View Post
At the control box there are 4 pin connectors that correspond with each leg. with legs all the way down or up they are supposed to test for bat voltage if you back probe the red and unique colored wire for each jack. initially 3 of 4 tested good then I retracted all jacks and all 4 tested good.

I'm frustrated as I keep getting results that don't make sense. error lights keep changing. Troubleshoot guide says I can apply 12v/gnd to test motors individually and when I do nothing, just a click like a relay.

I hear you. I just got a call from M&M today and they said that my controller was on its way back to me and that everything checked out ok with one exception. That the left rear was still showing some sort of fault. I’m also very frustrated with this whole leveling system. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:32 PM   #11

Hi guys...I have to replace the seals in my two front PG levelers....Any suggestions where to buy them new? I checked with Fleetwood and they want 730.00 each side. Any suggestions for other distributors?
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:08 PM   #12

I bought one on ebay for $325.00. It came with gear box, motor, and motor brake kit. Still working great.
Old 06-13-2021, 05:01 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Power Gear Electronic Rears Broken Pins

Wanted to start a new thread, but couldn’t find how to start a new thread!

We have a 2007 Bounder with Power Gear Electronic Levelers. We had been parked on a bad list to the right and think we broke the two rear drive pins. We are in Western Hills RV Park, Rawlings, WY. The two front jacks would not go down. The two rear jacks are just resting on the ground. The feet can both be pushed up with no resistance.
We have ordered two new pins that won’t get here until Friday the 18th.
Questions:
1. do you think we have properly diagnosed the problem?
2. Will two 70 year olds be able to remove the legs and replace the pins and reinstall?
3. Our controller with the two front up and two rear fallen down thinks we are level..... will we need to recalibrate the sensors?
4. Any ideas of where we can get some help.

Of coarse this happened on a weekend and so have not been able to get ahold of any help, yet! Today is our 51st Wedding Anniversay!

Thanks for any advice, you all are the best!
kcollins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, leveling, power, power gear