Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2022, 12:55 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Question Power Gear Leveling system has no power

Hey yall,

Our manual touch pad control for our power gear leveling system has no power to it. We have changed fuses out and there are still no lights.

Any pointers as to which direction to go toward next?

Thank you!
-A
2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37U
anordaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2022, 01:54 PM   #2

The power for the touchpad is coming from the controller mounted somewhere in the coach bays. Usually up on the ceiling or the back wall somewhere.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 05:13 PM   #3

Changed fuses? Which ones did you change? On Fleetwood products the fuses (or CBs) are in the BCC.
Check (disconnect and inspect the metal connections) all the connectors at the controller for corrosion. 18 years is a long time depending on the operation environment and corrosion occurs. Depending on the model there could be a couple.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:45 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
The power for the touchpad is coming from the controller mounted somewhere in the coach bays. Usually up on the ceiling or the back wall somewhere.
I’m have the location just not too sure where to go from there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	372195  
Old 07-28-2022, 05:51 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Changed fuses? Which ones did you change? On Fleetwood products the fuses (or CBs) are in the BCC.
Check (disconnect and inspect the metal connections) all the connectors at the controller for corrosion. 18 years is a long time depending on the operation environment and corrosion occurs. Depending on the model there could be a couple.
The four fuses attached from the power gear board. I did take out all of the connections and check them. Nothing seems to look off. It was garage kept and only taken out a couple time a year before I bought it about 7 months ago.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	414.7 KB
ID:	372196  
Old 07-29-2022, 06:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by anordaby View Post
The four fuses attached from the power gear board. I did take out all of the connections and check them. Nothing seems to look off. It was garage kept and only taken out a couple time a year before I bought it about 7 months ago.
Again, check the BCC, there are fuses or CBs for the leveling system in there. On mine (Bounder 2016) F11 (Fuse 11) is for the leveling gear. Below is from a spreadsheet I created of all fuses/CBs/Pinouts/connections on my BCC.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Leveling fuse BCC.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	372232  
Old 07-29-2022, 07:01 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Here’s a schematic of the BCC. I’ve circled the level jacks fuse.

Name:	IMG_6960.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	372233

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 08:06 AM   #8

check the plug for the touchpad at the controller and see if you have output power. You should have power coming into the controller and then out to the touchpad.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:03 AM   #9

Same issue on a 2015 Keystone Fuzion

Randomly ours is doing the same thing. If we pull the inline fuse by the control panel it will say "Please wait" then power off. We finally got it to power on raised the back jacks and put the truck under it then it powered off and won't come back on. Customer support told us its a power issue, we bought new batteries and still won't turn on. Following for information
kgoodman99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, leveling, no power, power gear, leveling system