Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2023, 08:23 AM   #1

Precision Li-BIM 225 Stays Latched?

Good morning, everyone. I'm having an issue with a Precision Circuits Li-BIM and I've chatted with their tech support several times, but the issue keeps coming back.

BLUF: After initial installation, BIM operates as designed. After an extended period (several weeks-months of frequent use), the BIM will remain latched until I operate the momentary switch to the "SIG" terminal. Previously, it would resolve itself for a period. However, now it returns to the latched position (bridging the coach and chassis batteries) within 5 seconds of releasing the momentary switch.

This is the second unit that I'm on, as Precision replaced my original one.

Details:
2019 Fleetwood Discovery
Initially installed: June 2022
First issue identified: October 2022 (replaced shortly after)
Issue returned (with new unit): January 2022

Thanks!
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2023, 08:49 AM   #2

Hello
How did you determine that it was staying latched? I was thinking that mine was also, and it was on the things to check this winter. Reason was on the last Boondocking trip I noticed that the chassis and house batteries after two days were the same voltage. I do not remember what it was, but it was low enough for me to start the generator for fear that the chassis engine might not start, because of a low battery.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewskiRanch View Post
Hello
How did you determine that it was staying latched? I was thinking that mine was also, and it was on the things to check this winter. Reason was on the last Boondocking trip I noticed that the chassis and house batteries after two days were the same voltage. I do not remember what it was, but it was low enough for me to start the generator for fear that the chassis engine might not start, because of a low battery.
I noticed while reviewing the history on my Victron smart shunt. Then, I verified with a multimeter.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:20 PM   #4

To the top. Anyone else have a similar experience or any suggestions? I'm waiting to hear back from Battleborn (where I purchased it from). I'll also reach out again to Precision.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:55 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
To the top. Anyone else have a similar experience or any suggestions? I'm waiting to hear back from Battleborn (where I purchased it from). I'll also reach out again to Precision.
Yes I have the same issue. Have not done any troubleshooting yet but it is on the horizon.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Yes I have the same issue. Have not done any troubleshooting yet but it is on the horizon.
I just got a reply back from Precision. They're getting with their engineering team to look into the issue. I'll let you know what they come back with.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:22 AM   #7

Hello
I think I am also having the same problem. On the last trip the chassis and house batteries were always the same voltage. I need to do some more checking, but I believe the Li-BIM 225 may be the problem.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Quote:
Hello
I think I am also having the same problem. On the last trip the chassis and house batteries were always the same voltage. I need to do some more checking, but I believe the Li-BIM 225 may be the problem.
What batteries and inverter are you two running?
Old 02-09-2023, 11:37 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
What batteries and inverter are you two running?
LifeBlue lithium and Magnum inverters.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 05:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Good morning, everyone. I'm having an issue with a Precision Circuits Li-BIM and I've chatted with their tech support several times, but the issue keeps coming back.

BLUF: After initial installation, BIM operates as designed. After an extended period (several weeks-months of frequent use), the BIM will remain latched until I operate the momentary switch to the "SIG" terminal. Previously, it would resolve itself for a period. However, now it returns to the latched position (bridging the coach and chassis batteries) within 5 seconds of releasing the momentary switch.

This is the second unit that I'm on, as Precision replaced my original one.

Details:
2019 Fleetwood Discovery
Initially installed: June 2022
First issue identified: October 2022 (replaced shortly after)
Issue returned (with new unit): January 2022

Thanks!
Curious how you wired it with the presence of the BCC? Did you remove the alternator wires from the BCC and bypass it?
Any chance for a wiring schematic.
I have a Bounder and considering installing a BIM but there are a couple considerations that question it's functionality and useful ness.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:28 AM   #11

I am using the original setup from Renegade, which is Battle Born batteries and a Magnum inverter. Only thing I have done is add 6 more 100 ah batteries.
I would sure like to get a wiring diagram!
Old 02-10-2023, 06:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Curious how you wired it with the presence of the BCC? Did you remove the alternator wires from the BCC and bypass it?
Any chance for a wiring schematic.
I have a Bounder and considering installing a BIM but there are a couple considerations that question it's functionality and useful ness.
I basically just installed it in place of the factory charging relay, with a few alterations. I did not use the factory signal wires. As I recall, it was a variable + or -, I do not recall which. Here are the changes to the signal wires:

IGN: switched 12v+ from BCC
GND: New chassis ground
SIG: momentary 12v+ from dash switch

Here's an updated diagram for my coach.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Chassis_Electrical_modified.pdf (270.5 KB, 50 views)
Old 02-10-2023, 06:13 AM   #13

Quote:
I am using the original setup from Renegade, which is Battle Born batteries and a Magnum inverter. Only thing I have done is add 6 more 100 ah batteries.
I would sure like to get a wiring diagram!
Have you contacted Renegade? I believe they're part of REV Group. They've been really responsive to my requests and I have practically every drawing/diagram for my coach.
Old 02-10-2023, 03:26 PM   #14

Quote:
I basically just installed it in place of the factory charging relay, with a few alterations. I did not use the factory signal wires. As I recall, it was a variable + or -, I do not recall which. Here are the changes to the signal wires:

IGN: switched 12v+ from BCC
GND: New chassis ground
SIG: momentary 12v+ from dash switch

Here's an updated diagram for my coach.
Ah, thanks for that info. There is a difference than the Bounder (gas). My solenoids are internal to the BCC. Looks like yours (diesel) are external.