Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question on Lippert leveling jacks

The last few times I have used the auto leveling feature, only the rear jacks came down. The control pad was flashing the green indicator in the center that says the unit has been leveled. A manual check of the level indicated that it was under 1 degree off level, which I was fairly happy with.

My question is if it is normal that the front jacks won't extend if it is already level? I had to manually extend the front jacks both times so that the motorhome was a little more stable.

Thanks in advance for your help.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #2

That is not normal...all jacks should deploy for stability and leveling purposes...sounds like a bad sensor...or loose wiring connection...
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

I have Lippert also,but my front jacks come down when in auto.About 3 weeks ago I had to reset my system because it was picking the tires off of the ground in auto mode.Good Luck.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #4

All four jacks should extend and touch the ground before the leveling process begins.

A recent quick class by my dealer's tech said if the wheels come off the ground, lower back to the ground and go up on legos for the offending tire and use the same number of legos on the jack pad closest to the offending tire. This prevents over extension of the jack.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the quick replies. Looks like another item to add to the dealer's warranty list.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
The last few times I have used the auto leveling feature, only the rear jacks came down. The control pad was flashing the green indicator in the center that says the unit has been leveled. A manual check of the level indicated that it was under 1 degree off level, which I was fairly happy with.

My question is if it is normal that the front jacks won't extend if it is already level? I had to manually extend the front jacks both times so that the motorhome was a little more stable.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Can anyone help us? Our LCI hydraulics started spewing fluid as we were driving down the road. Campingworld and Thor are no help, even though it is under warranty. When you purchase these things, they promise you the world..now we are stuck in upstate in NY with no one around to fix. Any suggestions?
Nanc58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We've had problems with our LCI jacks too and the dealer was no help so I called LCI directly and they solved my leveling issues. Now it's lifting the whole coach off the ground so I'm due for another call.

Where is the leak coming from?
Old 07-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannahdan View Post
We've had problems with our LCI jacks too and the dealer was no help so I called LCI directly and they solved my leveling issues. Now it's lifting the whole coach off the ground so I'm due for another call.

Where is the leak coming from?
It was leaking from a bad o-ring..spilled all of the fluid. The system says the jacks are down, but they are up! This happened on Wednesday and we have to drive 3+ hours on MONDAY! We thought by buying a new coach we wouldn't have problems, rethinking this whole rv thing!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How fast is it leaking? Fill the reservoir a quarter inch from the top with type A ATF and reset the panel by turning it off then back on. Hopefully that will help the alarm until you get to the dealer for warranty work.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannahdan View Post
How fast is it leaking? Fill the reservoir a quarter inch from the top with type A ATF and reset the panel by turning it off then back on. Hopefully that will help the alarm until you get to the dealer for warranty work.
We lost all the fluid in about 20 minutes. We fixed the o ring and replaced the fluid and the panel says they are down, but they are up!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Reset it. I think it is holding all four directions at the same time for a minute when you turn it on but am not sure on that.
tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #12

Husband tried that. We had it at the dealership before for a problem, so wonder if they are just faulty.

Tags
jacks, leveling