Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2022, 11:16 PM   #1

Rear camera adjustment

Felt this the most appropriate forum to post as maybe not only my Monaco coach but others the same.....back now from a month long maiden voyage and discovered my rear view camera towing a 3/4 ton truck with a sideXside deck in the back of that and a RZR on top of that....Hell of a load, I know...well my default view was just not adequate for the very few times i was able to pass someone and declared I'd hope to be able to change the view further back. I have included a couple pics and was hoping to show on those what I did but having trouble with that so I will try to explain the best I can,. I achieved that by taking the housing off the back and removing the camera from the 4 studs, thence adding three flat washers to the top studs mind you to push the angle of the camera up.
Worked perfectly and took a half hour to do.
Still have a view of my towbar to truck too....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5741.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	371738   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5742.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	371739  

Webmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2022, 07:29 AM   #2
YC1

Great report.

My 2008 Endeavor would let me look at the license plate on the rv, almost, but as you mention would not give a view to the rear as a rear view mirror would.

It took about four or more hours to modify mine. I had to do some fiberglass work inside the mount but have been very happy with the mode ever since. I can still tilt the camera down to inspect the tow hitch equipment and as far back as my eyes can see when tilted up.

Adding an extension over the top of the camera has helped with glare. It would be nice to have a better shroud around it when it is raining and I might tackle that project some day just for fun.

It just amazed me the mfgr has done this on many models.

Trying to change lanes without the camera is dangerous as you found. The mirrors work but never show the sneaky tail gators that race around you just as you need to change lanes.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, rear