Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Rear Propane Heat

We have a 2013 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PFT. With the thermostat in rear (zone 3), heat mode, gas heat, the thermostat clicks and nothing happens. All other functions work perfectly. The system has one furnace, one thermostat, two thermostat sensors, 2 roof ac/heat pump units. There are floor vent in the front and rear(bedroom). After explaining the wiring to the tech at Airxcel, he states that there is no rear (zone 3) propane heat. Why is there ducts and floor vents in the rear (zone 3)? I thought the rear propane heat worked when we first got the coach. Hope someone can help. Stan

2021 Tiffin Allegro Bus 35cp, 2014 Cadillac SRX toad
36PFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
are you indicating that when the furnace is running and blower working there is no air flow to the rear vents? Not knowing your system but maybe the thermostat in the rear if for the heat pump.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi thanks for the reply. No. nothing happens when "zone 3 gas heat" is selected. The thermostat clicks and then nothing. Zone 1 gas heat works perfectly, fan runs, burner lights, heat comes out of front (zone 1) vents. Stan

Old 12-25-2019, 08:20 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36PFT View Post
Hi thanks for the reply. No. nothing happens when "zone 3 gas heat" is selected. The thermostat clicks and then nothing. Zone 1 gas heat works perfectly, fan runs, burner lights, heat comes out of front (zone 1) vents. Stan
Just thinking, which sometime is dangerous, if you only have one furnace but two duct systems I wonder how they are connected to the furnace. Maybe like dash air systems have dampers to direct the air to different locations is it possible that you furnace heat system also has a damper set up to direct the air output? So if no one else adds to the mystery maybe a look see under the coach would lead some light as to the routing of the ducts. I am going to watch as this is very interesting, Good luck. Richard
Old 12-25-2019, 11:40 AM   #5

Why are there three zones but apparently only two systems?
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #6

Airxecl did not build the coach, how does the Airxcel tech know what the coach mfgr designed?
Personally, I would chase/test wiring in search of a broken/loose wire or connection.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:30 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi all. I think the reason for no zone 2 is when you have a larger coach and have 3 roof ac units, the front is always zone 1 and the center is always zone 2, and the rear is always zone 3. During manufacturing, the rear is zone 3 no matter how many units you have. I agree there has to be some kind of damper to direct the air flow. I cannot see any duct work under the coach. I would have to pull the furnace out. Airxecl made all the controls for the system, thermostat, temp. senders and control board in the ac/heat pump units. Is there someone out there that has a 2012-2013, 36PFT? I would like to contact them. Stan

Tags
heat, propane