Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2022, 08:03 PM   #1

Refrigerator

RV Refrigerator Dometic NDR 1292 need to be replaced and I looking for one that will fit. What about Norcold 1210IM? Any suggestions. Thanks
Sgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2022, 10:13 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Are you replacing in kind- propane/electric- or converting to residential?
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:25 PM   #3

Not sure. We were thinking about a residential and couldn't find an exact fit. So I started looking at the LP and AC.
Sgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:52 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Had a Norcold aka never cold frig. never liked it. New 5er has a 12V frig. love it. Ice in matter of few hrs. mine is 10cubic ft. Doesn't have an ice maker but i get buy without it.
Old 01-24-2022, 04:15 AM   #5

Refrigerator

If interested in converting your unit to compressor type do search for JC Refrigeration. Converted mine to 120 unit and happy.
hbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:49 AM   #6

Dometic NDR 1292 Dimensions

Fridge
59 31/32" H
33 11/16" W
25 15/16" D

Cutout/recess area
59 1/16" H
32 3/4" W
24" D

RV Fridge Dimensions are listed by Dometic and Norcold
*Check current available units
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 01:35 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There are several residential refrigerators that will fit your current opening with only minor mods. I decided on a Frigidaire FFTR1022QB which, once removing the doors, fit thru my door opening. (current model FFET1022UB)

I did a ton of research before replacing my Norcold RV refrigerator and this one came out #1 by far. If you plan to make the conversion, there are some issues.
1. These fridges are not built-ins and will require clearance for air circulation. The Frigidaire needs only an inch on either side, which is probably all you'll have anyway. The back only requires 2" clearance. Other brands wanted far more. Don't be tempted to skip that. They do call for 12" on top, which is impossible for a MH. Instead I installed fans (see #2 below).
2. Operating temperature. Other brands I looked at said their fridge wouldn't operate below 60 or above 90 degrees, and warned against using in a garage. No such restriction on the Frigidaire. Just keep it between 10 and 110 degrees, per the manual.
3. It fit my existing opening with only minor modification.

Installation:
1. I installed a separate 120v outlet controlled by a switch inside the MH so that I could easily turn the unit off when not needed without going outside to pull the plug (some units do not have an on/off switch).
2. I chose not to seal off the existing outside openings. I put a screen on the lower opening and installed 3ea. 12v fans in the upper vent to assure good air circulation. I used the 12v wiring from the old Norcold and put the fans on a thermally controlled line with a separate switch inside my MH.
3. In the back, I anchored the unit by putting 2 lag bolts through the bottom metal rails of the refrigerator into the flooring.
4. Inside, I attached (using 3m 3M Scotch 4910 VHB Tape 2 sided tape) 2 metal brackets to the top of the refrigerator and then screwed these to the wood above the refrigerator. I then trimmed around the perimeter of the fridge with black plastic L channel which I purchased from Display Products online ( Extrusions by Display Products Online). This can be purchased with the tape already attached.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator