Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2022, 05:26 PM   #1

Remco water pump issues

A few months ago I bought a Remco 55-AQUAJET ARV Aquajet RV Series water pump to replace our ShurFlo Model # 5901-0211 Extreme Smart Sensor 5.7. I bought it because I wanted to carry a spare, and I replaced the Shurflo with the Remco because the Shurflo was a few years old and I had read good things about the Remco.

The Remco was never as quiet as the Shurflo, and in recent months has become much worse. It is NOT varying speed, as advertised, but rather cycling on and off and very loudly. Is this a known problem with a known solution, or do I give up on this expensive pump.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.
jmcgarvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2022, 05:45 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We don't know what kind of rig you have, so here goes.

I replumbed mine like this.
Kolerflo pump 5.5 GPM @ 55PSI from Amazon for $65.00

One year in and working well. Very quiet. Almost too quiet and have to remember to turn it off when not needed.

Mike in Colorado
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220417_121556130_HDR.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	382428  
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly.
Flyer15015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 05:57 PM   #3

I have had that pump for about 10 years and is quiet and variable in speed.

I would contact Remco or the dealer you bought it from to arrange for a replacement. It is still under warranty being you only have it a couple of months.

I had 3 Shurflo pumps prior to the Remco pump and they lasted 1 to 2 years. I gave up and spend the money for the Remco and haven't regretted it. Still going strong after being installed in 2 motor homes.

You might also check your hoses attached to the pump and make sure they are not beating against anything. It could fix your noise problem but not the lack of the variable speed.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 06:36 PM   #4

Remco water pump issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry B View Post
I have had that pump for about 10 years and is quiet and variable in speed.

I would contact Remco or the dealer you bought it from to arrange for a replacement. It is still under warranty being you only have it a couple of months.

I had 3 Shurflo pumps prior to the Remco pump and they lasted 1 to 2 years. I gave up and spend the money for the Remco and haven't regretted it. Still going strong after being installed in 2 motor homes.

You might also check your hoses attached to the pump and make sure they are not beating against anything. It could fix your noise problem but not the lack of the variable speed.
Thanks for the input, Harry. Your experience with your Remco inspires me to try to make it work. I have to say, though, I have had good experience with Shurflos for many years.

I bought the Remco through Amazon, and unfortunately that return window expired one month after purchase. But I will attempt to contact Remco for advice.

In another forum I learned Remco does not recommend using their pump with an accumulator. I will try bypassing ours and see if that fixes the problem.

The hoses are routed well and not contributing to the noise.

--Jim
jmcgarvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:58 PM   #5

I have seen the statement about not using an accumulator tank with most variable rate water pumps. I am not sure what the symptoms are if you do use it.

BTW Remco was very insistent that I not try to adjust the pressure as the set points are critical. My pump would stop pumping at 90PSI which I felt was somewhat high. They told me it was normal operation. After talking with Remco I left it alone without any adverse effect. Just an FYI.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump