Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Replace oven/cooktop with Dishwasher/cooktop

Has anyone had any experience changing out the complete unit range/cooktop with a drawer type dishwasher and a cooktop? The new Fleetwood and other RV mfg's are providing them that way now and we really want to make the change. We have a drawer type dishwasher at home and really like it.... and with the microwave/convection oven we don't really need a lower oven. I know if I take it to a dealership they will want literally an arm and leg to do this.... I was hoping that I could find an independent repair guy/handy man to help me do this.
Any advice suggestions would be appreciated.
Ed

The photo is our drawer type dishwasher at home, we would only use a single drawer in the RV.
tedward1555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
We had our dealer pull out drawers and put in the oven/cooktop combo as my wife's Italian heritage forces her to cook mass quantities of food and she NEEDS both an oven and a microwave/convection. And yes they did charge an arm and a leg (about $1000).

You may try a cabinet maker to get a good, clean fit. Power and plumbing may be an issue depending on how close your are to the panel and the sink.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Tom;
I suppose i am looking for a similar fix. I have since posting found a guy in Austin who can do it for hourly labor charge and I buy the dishwasher and cooktop and order the wood stain from Fleetwood. I'll let you know how it turns out, and I sure want to be parked next to you someday and get invited over to dinner Love Italian cooking.
Thanks
Ed
Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedward1555 View Post
I'll let you know how it turns out, and I sure want to be parked next to you someday and get invited over to dinner Love Italian cooking.
Thanks
Ed
After you finish your project, it would be great to post some photos of how the project went. Pre and Post if you take them.

Good luck!

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
Ed - I, too, would like to know how your project works out.... I would give up the drawers for a D/W. Never crossed my mind. Thanks for the idea, hope you'll keep us posted.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:18 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I think we priced out this same project a couple weeks ago and it came to about $2400 to remove the full range and install the cook top and dishwashing drawer under it.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here is the way it will look. We have ordered a Fischer Paykel Dishwasher for 560 (single drawer type) and we are finalizing our cook top decision. I have contracted with my handy man who is good with all (plumbing, electrical, and cabinet making) to help me. I'm pretty sure it will cost me around 1200 when all is said and done. I will follow up with photos and final cost as well as a narative for all who are interested as soon as the project is done.
Thanks
Ed
Old 02-23-2010, 08:05 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
forgot pic

here is the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dishwashereOven.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	3170  
Old 02-24-2010, 03:06 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hopefully the wood work will come out perfectly to match the cabinet too. The dishwasher should be on a 120vac circuit of it own so not to interfere with anything else. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
Nice picture, Ted. When you have more to post, maybe you could mention the dimensions and the brand name of your stovetop. I'm just tinkering with doing it in my rig. Thanks.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote