Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2021, 05:56 AM   #15

Still available

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtaggio View Post
Where are you located, I am taking out a Dometic DM2672 from my 2021 MH and replacing it with an Everchill 12v all electric. I am doing this on the 20th in Quartzite.
Hey haven't heard back from you is this still available ? I messaged you get back to me asap if possible
Please
Tk0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2021, 05:58 AM   #16

If you're handy and want to tackle this yourself, check out this place: https://rvcoolingunit.com

I got a replacement cooling unit from them. They were great to work with and they sell Amish-built cooling units which work better than the original.

The entire project, including pulling the fridge, took less than half a day. No special tools or training required.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:06 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard5933 View Post
If you're handy and want to tackle this yourself, check out this place: https://rvcoolingunit.com

I got a replacement cooling unit from them. They were great to work with and they sell Amish-built cooling units which work better than the original.

The entire project, including pulling the fridge, took less than half a day. No special tools or training required.
How much would I be lookin at going that route the replacement fridge didn't exactly line up and me and the wife are still fridgeless
Tk0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk0608 View Post
How much would I be lookin at going that route the replacement fridge didn't exactly line up and me and the wife are still fridgeless
Looks like if you order the unit from rvcoolingunit.com it will cost you about $555 for the parts. Here's a link to the page with what I believe are the cooling units for your model. Please double check the model number. Also appears that you'll need to know if the cooling unit on your current fridge is black or gray.

https://rvcoolingunit.com/Search.aspx?k=servel

You'll get some money back from them after you return the core (old unit). They pay return shipping, but you'll need to save the carton and packing that the new one comes in to reuse and send it back.

Aside from getting the cooling unit, you'll be looking at about a day's effort to get this done. There are videos on their website showing how the cooling units are installed. The whole thing is done with hand tools, and it's really important to have one or two people with strong backs to help - it makes things go much easier if you have more help than you think you need.

These refrigerators are in essence a fancy vertical insulated cooler with a cooling unit stuck on the back. The point where the cooling unit enters the fridge is usually at the freezer.

When you install the new cooling unit you'll have to reseal the foam freezer back to the hole in the rear of the fridge. The company sends the necessary sealant to make this happen, and since this step is really important to getting a fridge that functions well it's best to watch this part of the video at least a few times. That foam can be a bit tough to get to stick in place as you get ready to marry the cooling unit to the fridge, so be prepared with rubber gloves on everyone's hands and some paint mixing sticks or other disposable spreaders to help out as needed.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #19

'richard5933'

That is GREAT info........I didn't think anyone would still be making replacement units for RV fridges that old/style

Those fridges haven't been in production for decades

Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:39 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Be a aware. In our previous coach, I bought one of those Amish cooling coils. Long story short, if you decide. To do that, have it installed by them, no one else. They won’t stand behind it if you don’t.

After wasting that money, I went with a residential, loved it.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
Be a aware. In our previous coach, I bought one of those Amish cooling coils. Long story short, if you decide. To do that, have it installed by them, no one else. They won’t stand behind it if you don’t.

After wasting that money, I went with a residential, loved it.
Not sure who you bought yours from, but mine has a warranty with me doing the install. They even extend it if you send back the card.

It wasn't difficult to install, just awkward.

I replaced the controller at the same time since it was easy to get to with the fridge pulled and not that expensive.

In the end, it all depends on how handy you are and how much you want to do yourself.

Tags
ace, cooling, fridge, replace, replacement