Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Wonder if the Amish installation is available any place else in the country? Traveling to Ind. from Oklahoma would probably take 2 days there and 2 back at a cost of around $700. Always like to use shops that know what they are doing but hate to pay so much extra for it if there might be any local approved shops. I should probably call Amish to see what they can offer.
Call David, he advised me of three " authorized" installers in Oklahoma. I was not impressed with the one in Ardmore.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #16

"Authorized" may not really mean anything. I had thought about just using a reliable RV repair shop to do the job but the biggest hurdle is "reliable". The one shop I thought I might consider in Wichita couldn't even install the Norcold recall black box without screwing it up. With the help of a Forum member in California who e-mailed me his installation instructions (i never thought to get mine when the job was done) I had to re-wire the box to get everything working as it should. The way it was hooked up wasn't even protecting like it was supposed to and my roof fans on the frig weren't working either. But I'll call and see what kind of recommendation I get. Thanks for the heads up on "authorized".
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #17

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Does anyone happen to know the actual rated power consumption of the Samsung 197 domestic refrigerator?
THANKS.
Kiwipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #18

i had same fridge same problem
install extra fan in the upper outside vents to cool coils
lacdubonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwipop View Post
Does anyone happen to know the actual rated power consumption of the Samsung 197 domestic refrigerator?
THANKS.
Maximum amps is 3.9. Estimated yearly cost to run @ 10.65 and Cents per kWh is $47. That assumes 445 kWh for a year of use.

As much time as I heard my cooling fans running and assuming that means my Norcold was "making cold", my Samsung doesn't run nearly as often as the Norcold. I have read a couple folks say their electric power bill went down significantly with the Samsung.

I won't be able to test that out properly since I have added a washer and dryer to my MH at the same time. Even if the cost to run are the same or even higher...

NO WAY would I go back to the Norcold. Some things are just worth the cost. In this case, I don't think it cost me anything in additional power usage and probably save some for my washer & dryer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, norcold