Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #1

Replacing Norcold 1200 icemaker tray

I have a Norcold 1200 frig with icemaker and the icemaker is beginning to leave occasional spots on the ice cubes. Somewhere I think I remember reading a post describing how to remove the tray only for replacing.

Anyone know where this might be or can give instructions on removing this tray. I can probably figure it out but always prefer to have some expert advice before starting a project.

Thanks for any help here.

P.S. I'm still getting the message that "my message is too short, please lengthen by 3 characters". Can't understand the problem with the above posting being too short.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
The ice maker itself is a Whirlpool design that has been around for 30 years. They can be purchased and many of the home improvement stores rather inexpensively. Remove the 2 screws in the tabs above the ice maker mold going into the back freezer wall. Remove the lower screws of the plate the icemaker is mounted to going into the back freezer wall.
Once you get the ice maker free of the wall you will have to manipulate getting it turned. There is a quick connect Molex plug on the wiring harness going into the ice maker. Depressing a tab on the connector will allow you to unplug the wiring harness.
You can have an appliance parts company order the mold but I would just replace the entire ice maker. You will have to change the metal plate over to the new ice maker and remove the section of the fill spout to match the direction the water is introduced. Reinstall the ice maker in reverse order of removal and you should be back in business.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #3

$50 at lowes and it is a items always available in the stores.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I replace the Norclod Ice Maker with the Whirlpool from Lowes for less than $50. and it works better than the one that came with the Norcold. Took less than 20 minutes to replace.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #5

Thanks, sounds like a simple do-it-yourself job. Even I should be able to handle it. Appreciate the excellent instructions.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtermini30 View Post
$50 at lowes and it is a items always available in the stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I replace the Norclod Ice Maker with the Whirlpool from Lowes for less than $50. and it works better than the one that came with the Norcold. Took less than 20 minutes to replace.
I sure wish I could shop at YOUR Lowes - their website lists the icemaker at $99.88...
Old 09-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #7

I would visit your local store as you will most likely find it for $50. I have two Lowes near me and both were the same price. Good luck!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
I sure wish I could shop at YOUR Lowes - their website lists the icemaker at $99.88...
I bought mine at a Lowe's while on the road for less than $50. Googled how to change the ice maker on a Norcold 1200 and chaged it in the parking lot in case I needed any other parts. I did not, the package was complete with parts left over that are not used on the 1200. It was a universal ice maker the fits Whirlpool refrigerators.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #9
KIX

Icemaker for Norcold 1200 is Whirlpool model ECKF94 Lowe's # 57773
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
Icemaker for Norcold 1200 is Whirlpool model ECKF94 Lowe's # 57773
Thanks - next time I'm at Lowe's I'll look for it.

Tags
norcold